Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

It would really speed up my Matlab projects. Hope to win one!

My asus p8z77-v mobo just died and I'm looking to upgrade to a newer platform altogether.
The 5820k would be super nice for productivity and gaming.

Entering the giveaway!

If I were to win one of the Intel CPU's I would use the opportunity to build myself a proper system that I can call my own, no more laptops! I am user that multitasks quite a lot and often run large CPU demanding programs alongside eachother.

Anyone have motherboard suggestions? Minimum 16 GB Ram, mATX preferably. Doesn't need to be "overkill", just something good for an average enthusiast.

P.S. Only PM to reply, to avoid posting more than once. Wouldn't want you to be disqualified.

Screebees!

Get the cheapest X99 board and run it for folding 24/7 :D

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

I'd love to upgrade my workstation with Haswell-E!

I will definitely do a big upgrade to my pc. Tnx for the giveaway :)

I would probably build a spaceship with the power that this CPU houses and fly to mars.

Would be a nice entry into the X99 platform, only having to buy the board and the memory.

I think i'd probably buy an x99 and work on building a quiet computer, at the moment its kinda loud and not very powerful so this would be perfect :) 

Game on an intel machine for the first time, AMD has been my go to cpu for budget reasons since I started out building pc's

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

The best giveaway ever!Good luck people!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

oh em gee

I'd love to get my hands on one of these CPUs so I can build my first truly enthusiast level PC. I know it can help me a lot with video editing and encoding and such.

I would totally use all the cores with hyper threading to watch my anime :D But on a serious note, I'm probably going to start video editing a lot

Just gonna say 2 things:

1) The text cannot be read by the users who are using the dark theme

2) Using the CPU for video rendering

I would keep one for myself/family, and give one to my terrible school district that still runs core 2 duo e7300's

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

I'd like to work win the i7 because with it I could finally conquer the world at whatever grand strategy game I decided to play on, real life included. Firstly I would sell my Asus m-atx 1150 motherboard and upgrade to the maximum level, and then WORLD DOMINATION:

First of all I would enslave all the console peasants with my multi-threaded core power (just kidding guys, console wars are childish, except in the case of owning a console priced CPU, then you have instantly transformed yourself into a war chief)

My second gift of benevolence to the community would be the lend of processing power by cloud®.

Finally but most importantly, I would show off to my friends.

Tl;Dr, with the Intel 'a new monster I would improve my gaming experience, and the rendering process of a indie gaming reviewing site that my friends and I are starting out.

I would love to win this cpu. I would get a x99 motherboard and a graphics card(just built my comp and didn't have the money for a graphics card and only got a Pentium processor, I can barely game on it)and then get into YouTube and video editing.

I would love to upgrade myself, because after all my current one is not sufficient for most tasks and this will be an appropriate upgrade and I'd finally be truely close to an enthusiast grade build. :)

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

I would use it to work on my game. My machine is so slow, every time I start Maya I have to wait a minute...

definitely going to buy my first ever top of the line pc, possibily water cooled. but way too many people to have a realistic chance

would make an ultimate gaming pc with this beast of a cpu

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40Ghz GPU: NVIDIA Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 OC Edition 2GB Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Essence STX RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 1600Mhz (8GBx2) Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z & DELL SE197FP Motherboard: Asus Z87M-Plus Power Supply: Corsair GS600 Case: Thermaltake USB3.0 A31 Black Hard Disk Drive(s): Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 2TB Seagate Barracuda Keyboard: Ducky DK9008 Shine 3 (Cherry Red MX Switches) Blue LED | Head Phones: ATH-AD700X Open Air with ZM-MIC 1 Mouse: Zowie FK DPI: 450 Mousepad: Steel Series QcK+ Windows Sensitivity Notch: 6 In Game Sensitivity: 1.125 Desktop Resolution: BenQ XL2411Z: 1920 x 1080 @ 120Hz & DELL SE197FP: 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz | In Game Resolution: 1920 x 1080 | OS: Windows 10 Pro

I had more money for my x99 build, if I win this CPU.