iPod Touch 2G bricked

Speedbird

Hello.

So I tried restoring my old iPod 2G with a modified IPSW. Everything seemed to work normally, until I got an error when it was almost complete. I don't remember what exactly the error was, but now the iPod only displays a black screen. When I connect it to my PC I hear the Windows 'USB plugged in' sound, but nothing else. iTunes doesn't see it. Holding down Power and Home seems to restart it, but the screen stills remains black.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Run iTunes on your PC, plug the player in, then enter the DFU mode (hold Power for 3 seconds, then hold Home without releasing power button for 10 seconds and then release the power button but keep holding Home until iTunes recognizes the device, about 15s usually, sometimes up to 30s). After that iTunes should ask you if you want to restore the device with a normal firmware.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Run iTunes on your PC, plug the player in, then enter the DFU mode (hold Power for 3 seconds, then hold Home without releasing power button for 10 seconds and then release the power button but keep holding Home until iTunes recognizes the device, about 15s usually, sometimes up to 30s). After that iTunes should ask you if you want to restore the device with a normal firmware.

Tried it, still nothing. iTunes doesn't see it, even after holding Home for 30 seconds.

I had to use Redsnow to put my iPod into DFU mode to get itunes to detect the iPod and then flash the iOS version.

\

I had to use Redsnow to put my iPod into DFU mode to get itunes to detect the iPod and then flash the iOS version.

Actually that's what I tried. I wanted to jailbreak that iPod, but had problems entering DFU mode. So I used redsn0w to do it, which involved modifying the IPSW file. I tried flashing it with iTunes, but then this happened.