Stuttering in BF4

soaringchicken

Well if you saw my last post, I fixed that problem (though don't ask me how). Now a new problem has arisen (hooray!). I get pretty much constant 60fps on basically ultra but every now and then (like a youtube video on slow internet) my game will stop for 1/2 seconds and then go back to normal. Any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks,

soaringchicken

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

60fps at ultra with an A8 6800K?? o.0 At 480p?

On topic: not sure, have you run a registry cleaner?

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

60fps at ultra with an A8 6800K?? o.0 At 480p?

On topic: not sure, have you run a registry cleaner?

nope, 1080p.. I really don't now how though

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

When in game open the console and type "perfoverlay.drawgraph 1". This shows the frametimes (framerate) graph for the game, there are two lines one for GPU and one for CPU. When the game stutters you should see one or possible both lines spike up the screen.

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

When in game open the console and type "perfoverlay.drawgraph 1". This shows the frametimes (framerate) graph for the game, there are two lines one for GPU and one for CPU. When the game stutters you should see one or possible both lines spike up the screen.

Thankyou, yeah so I'm getting massive CPU spikes sometimes followed by a GPU one, does that indicate a bottleneck?

try dat 

got to your bf4 doc (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and go to properties of Bf4 and Bf4_86. go to compatibilities and select execute as administrator. do this on both. and i did it for origin too.

good luck.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

Thankyou, yeah so I'm getting massive CPU spikes sometimes followed by a GPU one, does that indicate a bottleneck?

It could depending on your hardware configuration and in game settings. Some BF4 players have been able to work around microstutter issues by changing driver settings or playing around with in game commands such as "RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit" and "Gametime.MaxVariableFps" there doesn't really seem to be one big fix though, the solutions tend to vary a lot and in some cases 'fixes' for some people actually make it worse. It's a lot of trial and error unfortunately.

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

How to fix: Disable steamoverlay in every non steam game, MSI afterburner DISABLED. No apps running in the background.

Desktop *rightklick*-> Nvidia control center ->3D settings ->Global settings -> search for "Shadercache" set it to "DISABLE"->search for "maximal limit of prerendered images" set it to "1". If you have cpu hungry games, you can specify that game in the nvidia control panel right to the global settings tab and search your game.

btw: remove any overclock and close all programs in the background, especially msi afterburner