Futuremark acquired by UL

SfSKO6j.jpg

The company behind the popular 3D Mark and PC Mark benchmarking suites will join forces with another "certification and testing" outfit -- UL LLC, a century old veteran in the field of industrial and consumer safety and validation.

Today, we’re announcing a new partnership, one that will significantly strengthen Futuremark through increased investment in our people and products while protecting our independence and neutrality. 

We’re excited to tell you that Futuremark is now part of UL, a global safety science organization with more than a century of expertise and innovation in the fields of product safety testing, inspection and verification services. With more than 10,000 professionals in 40 countries, UL is dedicated to creating safe working and living environments for all.

UL partners with businesses, manufacturers, trade associations, regulatory authorities, and governments to play a key role in the development and harmonization of national and international standards. 

With UL investing in our people and products, we will be able to create more benchmarks with more features for more platforms. Our benchmarks will also benefit from UL’s labs, quality assurance, and marketing. But most important of all, we will continue making benchmarks with integrity within an organization that values neutrality as highly as we do. 

Futuremark press release | UL press release

can some one explain what AMD always gets higher scores on 3Dmark since like 4xxx cards

does it favor more cores or something ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Can someone explain to me what is the relation between Futuremark and Remedy Entertainment ? I read somewhere that some of the Remedy guys found Futuremark but I cannot confirm, is that true?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

can some one explain what AMD always gets higher scores on 3Dmark since like 4xxx cards

does it favor more cores or something ?

I've noticed that too but dont have an explanation for you.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Can someone explain to me what is the relation between Futuremark and Remedy Entertainment ? I read somewhere that some of the Remedy guys found Futuremark but I cannot confirm, is that true?

No idea, most likely not, even though both of those companies' headquarters are based in Espoo.

Apparently Futuremark had a game development division, which was sold for Rovio Entertainment in 2012, though.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

No idea, most likely not, even though both of those companies' headquarters are based in Espoo.

Apparently Futuremark had a game development division, which was sold for Rovio Entertainment in 2012, though.

Wikipedia page for Remedy has this:

Still attached to the demoscene, Remedy took part in the 1997 Assembly with Final Reality, a combination of a demo and a 3D benchmark program. Later that year Remedy founded a new company named Futuremark for developing benchmark software that would eventually turn into 3DMark.

but that has not source attach to it. And neither the Futuremark wikipedia page nor their website has any mention of Remedy. Weird.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.