Red Screen of Death

GHxC

Recently, I've been having a lot of rsods while playing battlefield games, I contacted ea support, but they never have a solution. Mind you, I've never had this issue until quite recently, just a few days ago.

What happens: while mid game, a red screen pops up with no text on it, then the PC turns off and I hear 3 distinct beebs from my motherboard.

I haven't changed anything (installed new drivers, changed parts, etc, but in hopes of fixing it, I tried a driver update for my GPU, but didn't help.) I was able to play perfectly fine before with the same exact software, haven't installed anything new, haven't over clocked, I have a sufficient PSU (550W cooler master, and a HD 7850)

Windows 8 64bit.

The point of this topic is not to fix my problem, just to find out what component is the culprit, so that I may get a replacement.

Also GPU and CPU temps are perfectly fine.

I do have a smaller amount of ram though, 4GB, but its never caused a problem before, and well within battlefield system requirements. And even if it is a case of having less ram, the PC wouldn't just red screen like that would it? I can understand the game stop responding and closing, but not the entire PC red screening?

So what causes the red screen would be my question.

Could you post your system specs please.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Never mind, fixed it, it turned out that skype had changed an audio setting in control panel/sounds/speaker/properties/advanced. It had checked the "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device." To anyone experiencing this problem, just uncheck it. Still can't believe one completely unrelated check box can cause the entire system to crash.

Glad that you resolved the issue. I will book mark this thread as a fix. Thank you for sharing!

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC