Corsair Vengeance 2000 Disassembly (Mic Issue)

Here we go B) ...

The reason for this disassembly is that my mic boom is loose and keeps on dropping every time I tilt my head forward. Also, I have not seen a proper disassembly guide anywhere.

What you will need:

1) Any thin flat head

2) T6 Star head

3) 2mm Phillips head

PXsVdD9.jpg?1

Step 1: Remove the earpads. (So much fluff stuck onto my earpad  :wacko:)

EG3NOcQ.jpg

Step 2: Pry away the dirt cover. Take it slow, no need to rush it.

ok2S3fk.jpg

Step 3: Time to remove some screws! There are 4 screws located under the dirt cover that you have removed, unscrew them and be careful not to pull the cover out too far, as the speaker is mounted onto it and has wires going to a circuit board.

c9fBJnf.jpg

Step 4: There is ONE screw located on the right side of the blue ring that separates the board from the speaker. Unscrew it and remove the ring.

NrZkZAT.jpg

Step 5 (For the mic drop issue): After removing the blue ring, the screw that hold the mic in place is revealed, tighten the screw and you should be done!

kCzCYjf.jpg

It's as simple as that  ;)

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

thanks man, I heard that there was an issue with the mic boom dropping, I have not encountered it yet with my headset but I am sure that I will. and I am assuming you just follow the steps in reverse to put it back together? 

Page bookmarked

thanks man, I heard that there was an issue with the mic boom dropping, I have not encountered it yet with my headset but I am sure that I will. and I am assuming you just follow the steps in reverse to put it back together? 

Page bookmarked

Yes, reassembly is in reverse order. The drop issue happens over long term use. The "crack issue" (That picture is not mine btw) is also a product of long term use. I never noticed the crack until I tinkered with disassembly. Just handle the headset with care and the crack should not be a problem, however the mic drop issue will occur.

Edit: I just noticed the crack is on the side which I remove first when taking off my headset or when I want to listen to someone next to me, which leads me to believe that its the tension you put on the headset when you stretch it while removing it from your ear, which is quite obvious now that i think of it. Hope that helps

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

• 1 year later...

Apologies if I shouldn't be reviving this post like this but I feel it necessary as this thread gives it context, all I want to know is if this would work with the corsair vengeance 1500 headset as mine is loose as well and I am very nervous about fixing things myself.

• 2 months later...
On 7/6/2016 at 4:23 AM, Plundertaker said:

Apologies if I shouldn't be reviving this post like this but I feel it necessary as this thread gives it context, all I want to know is if this would work with the corsair vengeance 1500 headset as mine is loose as well and I am very nervous about fixing things myself.

It is generally the same thing, they are the same models just with color difference and of course the 2000 is wireless, but they open up the same way for the most part.

I had to open my corsair gaming 1500 vengeance (back tat) edition (i like the yellow and black, dont judge me) due to apparently me pulling the right strap of my headphone to make room a bit too much and a solder snapped inside my headphone of the right cup, making the connection dead from my right ear (no voice), had my wire soldered again, and it works. Not enough wire in the right cup for full extension of the strap. Probably will adjust strap from the left only from now onwards. My experience always buy an audiophile headphones and a mod mic if you need one. 

• 3 years later...

Is the battery located in the same earpiece as the mic? I need to replace mine