Best chipset for AMD FX CPUs?

a 8320E would be a better choice because it's like the 8320 but uses less power.

I didn't realize that. Good to know for future use. Maybe I'll get a 8320E for the build I'm making for my girlfriend for Christmas.

the FX-8320E is also even more underclocked hence the lower power consumption...this means it's a lower binned chip that is less likely to reach high frequencies overclocks...i'd advise against it.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

the FX-8320E is also even more underclocked hence the lower power consumption...this means it's a lower binned chip that is less likely to reach high frequencies overclocks...i'd advise against it.

Still using less power though..........

yes...but at the cost of performance...something AMD CPU's won't have to spare these days.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

yes...but at the cost of performance...something AMD CPU's won't have to spare these days.

Do you think something liek this would be good? Still not sure on the case and cooler yet.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/T4q2zy

That's a similar setup to mine but i have the 750M model a HyperX Fury 8GB instead, it's fine for me.

Do you think I would need the bigger PSU?

Do you think I would need the bigger PSU?

Not really if your gonna do upgrades or OC, i read it wrong, i have the Non EVO model of the mobo.

Do you think something liek this would be good? Still not sure on the case and cooler yet.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/T4q2zy

Yes, but you'll need a CPU cooler for this CPU, the included one is very noisy and not adequate and can't allow overclocking (which you need to get somewhat descent performance)

I'd suggest this instead...better performance all around and this one has a CPU cooler that you can actualy use safely:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£179.94 @ Aria PC)

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£30.97 @ Scan.co.uk)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£57.99 @ Amazon UK)

Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£43.32 @ Amazon UK)

Total: £312.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-21 01:44 BST+0100

What do you think about this @Pahddy, just added a CPU cooler, better than the intel stock cooler

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£23.94 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£58.98 @ More Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£43.32 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £364.45
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-21 02:03 BST+0100

Edit: It is under  £420, so you can upgrade what you want, if you can buy 16GB if you are going to do heavy loads of video editing or sell your 750ti and get a 970
Edited by mosin40

Mostly streaming PC games. Video and photo editing and rendering videos. Budget around £420 ish (not including graphics card because I will keep on using my GTX 750 Ti for now)

In 4 threaded games where a 8320 tends to run at half the FPS Intel gets, streaming isn't going to be a great experience on a 8320. Way better off with something like a Xeon. If you're happy with the quality Shadowplay streams, then just get a 4690K.

Edited nano's build, just swapped the PSU with one thats fully modular and far better electrical performance/quality just for 20£ more & swapped memory with low profile heatspreaders

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£30.97 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Total: £333.52
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-21 02:11 BST+0100

well it's either a xeon nano put up or a 8320 your pick both are good although the xeon one is better although no oc but should be good enough.

although I don't agree on 8320 running at half the fps on intel (well on anything below ivy bridge since I don't have any haswell or the refresh so might be possible).

I like Faa's build or the xeon build Nano put up 

Live your life like a dream.

In 4 threaded games where a 8320 tends to run at half the FPS Intel gets, streaming isn't going to be a great experience on a 8320. Way better off with something like a Xeon. If you're happy with the quality Shadowplay streams, then just get a 4690K.

Edited nano's build, just swapped the PSU with one thats fully modular and far better electrical performance/quality just for 20£ more & swapped memory with low profile heatspreaders

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£30.97 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Total: £333.52
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-21 02:11 BST+0100

Seems good, but i will also add a CPU cooler rather than using Intel's stock cooler, especially when rendering

Seems good, but i will also add a CPU cooler rather than using Intel's stock cooler, especially when rendering

well you can actually buy theo ne he put there and just worry about the cpu cooler next time.

the intel stock cooler should be fine. but the tower air coolers should help about the airflow inside your case.

well you can actually buy theo ne he put there and just worry about the cpu cooler next time.

the intel stock cooler should be fine. but the tower air coolers should help about the airflow inside your case.

Well, that's a good point. (if you care about temps, like I do, get a cooler)

AIRFLOW FTW!!

Well, that's a good point. (if you care about temps, like I do, get a cooler)

AIRFLOW FTW!!

well if money is an option then op can buy it in the next payday or so anyway.

I care about temp but not as much as Eye Candy Orgasm :) coming from a guy with x2 240mm rads and x2 480mm rads, x2  mcp655 pump just to cool a i3 3220 (gpu not included) so long as I like the look then I'm more than satisfied :)

Temps dont matter that much aslong as it's not throttling. My 3930K probs sat in total for a month or two at 85° just a few degrees of the Tjmax (91°), got a crappy 120mm cooler >.> Intel CPU's can take a lot more than you think..

well if money is an option then op can buy it in the next payday or so anyway.

I care about temp but not as much as Eye Candy Orgasm :) coming from a guy with x2 240mm rads and x2 480mm rads, x2  mcp655 pump just to cool a i3 3220 (gpu not included) so long as I like the look then I'm more than satisfied :)

That cooling for just an i3! Why don't you upgrade to an i5?

Temps dont matter that much aslong as it's not throttling. My 3930K probs sat in total for a month or two at 85° just a few degrees of the Tjmax (91°), got a crappy 120mm cooler >.> Intel CPU's can take a lot more than you think..

Yeah, but for me 80 degrees Celsius is my max, i just don't like when temps get above that margin.

990FX

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |