Replacing Heatsink's fan?

Laurysss

Is this possible ? O.o.

If its possible should i buy a fan for the heatsink? Would it be a better one than the fan that came with the heatsink? My temps - 8350 4.4Ghz 1.385 - ~50*C When gaming. Stressing it just flashes to 55, 60 *C.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

What heatsink is it? Stock or 212 EVO or NH-D15 or what?

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

^^ this

Zalman CNPS5X

273135.jpg

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Zalman CNPS5X

273135.jpg

You're not gonna find a fan that'll fit. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

You would find it very difficult to replace the fan on that heatsink because it is a custom design with non-standard mounting.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I'd suggest you retire your current heatsink and something new, 212x, evo :)  hell even a hyper t4

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Zalman CNPS5X

273135.jpg

For a second I thought you had the 212 evo, and was gonna say "yeah".  But nope, you've got this thing.

Your NEVER, I mean NEVER going to find another fan for that. 

replace your heatsink with a 212 evo 

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

replace your heatsink with a 212 evo 

I'd suggest you retire your current heatsink and something new, 212x, evo :)  hell even a hyper t4

I dont have money for that :(

NAZIS WILL RISE.

I dont have money for that :(

The hyper t4 is cheap man

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

The hyper t4 is cheap man

Not for me lol..

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Not for me lol..

I don't think it would be possible to change the fan on the heat sink because of the design, a lot of other coolers are not changeable as well

Modding new fan could be option but answer to question is no. 3rd party fans have standard shape and size. Your cooler doesn't meet those standards.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Strap a fan to it with cable ties if they don't fit.

Ghetto

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Strap a fan to it with cable ties if they don't fit.

Ghetto

Exactly! If you can't afford a new heatsink right now, you probably don't care that much for the looks.

Buy a 80mm or 92mm fan, some tape/string/bracket/(thick)rubber elastic and put it there. However, only do this if your fan died or something. Your CPU temps are high most likely due to other factors such as heatsink itself, thermal paste, airflow, etc than the fan itself.

Good luck.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon