Deliding. Should I?

So I snagged a free Intel i7 3770 but It suffers from intel's lousy thermal puddy. Core 0 hangs around the 45C mark while everything else hangs to 35C. Would you guys think its worth it to D-lid and get those temps down? 

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

I personally wouldnt

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

delidding a locked CPU is pointless and since you got it for free keep it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Well, it's a 3770.

You can't really overclock it too much, so deliding is not worth at all. From what I know, the Ivy Bridge CPU line-up's thermal interface is still better than the one used for Haswell CPUs.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Since you got it for free, you may as well. But if you cock it up, you only have yourself to blame, and at least you didn't lose any money on it.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Delidding a non-K cpu? So damn pointless.

No,definitely no!

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

as mateyyy said if its not a K part its not worth it. i personally took the lid off of my 4670k and re applied it dropped temps by around 5

I have the same cpu (got it dirt cheap from a guy unopened) and I am at 40-50 under 10% load, with stock cooler (when I had it on) room temp is around 23-25

yea.. no point in delidding a locket CPU

A locket cpu, like this?

il_570xN.314777163.jpg

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Yeah don't delide it, you wouldn't gain much if anything, but you run the risk of damaging it. Get a better cooler? A cheap cooler master would serve you better like the hyper tx3, t4 or 212

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

A locket cpu, like this?

9583260_orig.jpg?241

The first pic was better :(

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

The first pic was better :(

Was just a necklace though, not a locket.

Was just a necklace though, not a locket.

I see