Best heatsink?

brownninja97

What has the best looking heatsink. It must be part of a pc, like one you have at your house not some damn optimus prime rubbish.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Erm ya kinda hard answering a question that so subjective as to "whats a good looking heatsink" for instance I like the looks of Phanteks heatsink, Noctua NH-D14. But I dont like the CM V6 and V8.

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

What has the best looking heatsink. It must be part of a pc, like one you have at your house not some damn optimus prime rubbish.

At first I was like, Ok. Then I was like, wait what?

My recommendation is the same as the above post.

http://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/309

They're large so make sure they'll fit in your case.

At first I was like, Ok. Then I was like, wait what?

My recommendation is the same as the above post.

http://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/309

They're large so make sure they'll fit in your case.

+1 on that this is a really good looking heatsink. This heatsink is also pretty nice: air_cooling.jpg and this: http://www.gdm.or.jp/archive/pressrelease_image/1006/02_09j_i.html

Found these at overclock.net: http://www.overclock.net/t/1086628/whats-the-best-looking-cpu-cooler-youve-ever-seen

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2.

You nailed it, sir. OP, you may disregard everyone else.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 or the NH-D14. They perform within margin of error of each other. 

Yeah, I agree.

If your looking for the best CPU cooling performance and looks (with a reasonable price), than watercooling looks the best.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Moved to air cooling

You nailed it, sir. OP, you may disregard everyone else.

Funny, since pretty much everyone else recommended the same cooler. :|

Moved to air cooling

but what if im using a heatsink in a vacuum.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I agree with the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 votes.

Here's two pics of it in my system after I replaced the Noctua NH-D14..they are crappy pics, but it gives an impression of what it looks like:

img0053jx.jpg

img0047kh.jpg

i5 3570K • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP • 2x Asus GTX 670 SLI • Asus Sabertooth z77 • Asus PCE-AC66 • Crucial M4 256GB • Corsair AX 850 • Sound Blaster Xz • Fractal Define R4 • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 • Dell U2713HM • Sennheiser RS 180 • Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel • Clubsport Pedals

ak-cc4010hp01_-_akasa_venom_medusa_intel

What do you think about the akasa venom. Remember its about looks not performance.

Listen if you care.

Honestly I like the look of the CM hyper 212 Evo. Would love it even more if it was black like the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Honestly I like the look of the CM hyper 212 Evo. Would love it even more if it was black like the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2.

I saw a dark red one of the hyper 412, quite close to the 212  but it looked awesome.

Listen if you care.