£125,000 GRID 2: MONO EDITION

Only one copy of GRID 2 Mono Edition is made and it's being sold for 125000£. 

For that amount of money you get GRID 2 game, ps3, race driver suit and a real racing car.

The GRID 2: Mono Edition sets the Guinness World Record for the “Most Expensive Video Game Commercially Available – Special Edition” and will include a range of extras for the buyer to enjoy the ultimate experience of racing the car in-game and driving it in real life. The GRID 2: Mono Edition includes:

A copy of GRID 2 for PlayStation including bespoke artwork
BAC Mono in exclusive GRID 2 livery
A day at the BAC factory which includes a factory tour and time spent with technicians to customise the BAC Mono for size and specifications
A GRID 2: Mono Edition branded Bell Racing helmet
Race suit, boots & gloves all made to measure in BAC Mono and GRID 2 branding
A PlayStation 3

Is this really necessary? IMO this is only a marketing trick because i found out about this in my local newspapers.

Source:

http://bac-mono.com/grid2.php

It just seems over the top top me 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Why the hell not? If someone wants to buy it, then who cares? If I had hundreds of millions of dollars I'd go in for this in a heart beat, sounds like loads of fun.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

If you want the car you might as well get the game to while your at, as well as all the extra perks and free gear that come along with it.

The car you get is this one:

O8CUqRo.png

A day at the BAC factory which includes a factory tour and time spent with technicians to customise the BAC Mono for size and specifications

If the promotion actually allows you to pick any customizations you want without paying any extra it's actually worth it if you are interested in the car, as you can see from the configurator I reached £121130 with all the optionals and the price doesn't include taxes nor shipping.

I'll probably get 2 in Crosscombustion because this way it performs better than a F1 but costs much less. :D

This news is almost a week old I think :P. I should ask my GF to buy me this (today is my birthday :().

The car you get is this one:

Actually you get this:

codemasters0392alt_530x350.jpg

Same car different paintjob :P.

Id take it but id rater have an Ariel Atom.  It has 2 seats and is just as quick.

ArielAtomGoodwood.jpg

This news is almost a week old I think :P. I should ask my GF to buy me this (today is my birthday :().

Actually you get this:

codemasters0392alt_530x350.jpg

Same car different paintjob :P.

Hey its Roscoe.

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

I've never even played Grid 1. Is Grid even a good racing game?

Id take it but id rater have an Ariel Atom.  It has 2 seats and is just as quick.

ArielAtomGoodwood.jpg

Maye that an Ariel Atom 500  :) It's just as small but it has a V8.... 'nuf said

ariel-atom-v8-500_600x0w.jpg

Emailed them, awesome deal.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I've never even played Grid 1. Is Grid even a good racing game?

The most pleasant experience I've had with a racing game in the past 5 years easy. That and Codemaster games always run like butter. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

The most pleasant experience I've had with a racing game in the past 5 years easy. That and Codemaster games always run like butter. 

I guess I'll have to try it out  :)

Well this is a first (Well that I know of anyway) that you get a real car with a game. If I had the money, I would get it, why ever not! Good to have some fun :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Maye that an Ariel Atom 500  :) It's just as small but it has a V8.... 'nuf said

ariel-atom-v8-500_600x0w.jpg

I do quite enjoy the V8 but the V6 is just as good and the best part is its cheap enough to buy if you want it unlike the Mono and the V8

I do quite enjoy the V8 but the V6 is just as good and the best part is its cheap enough to buy if you want it unlike the Mono and the V8

Not sure if they've released a new one but I believe the standard version uses a straight 4 not a v6, based on the Suzuki Hayabusa engine. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the V8 uses two of those. But with that kind of curb weight I have to agree with you, it's enough :).

Not sure if they've released a new one but I believe the standard version uses a straight 4 not a v6, based on the Suzuki Hayabusa engine. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the V8 uses two of those. But with that kind of curb weight I have to agree with you, it's enough :).

Their newer one does. the original one was a V6.

Their newer one does. the original one was a V6.

I'm pretty sure they were always straight 4. A quick search for Ariel Atom V6 I found nothing, which makes sense considering how small Ariel (the company) was it would have been impossible for them to design a new one from the ground up and it it would have been much easier for them to find 4 cylinder engines which they could afford to buy and use in the original version. TBH the V8 version would have never existed if it weren't for Top Gear's publicity.