Opinions on this build?

spwath

Hows this look? Decent enough for a mom pc of web and word?  Already have a PSU.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.38 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair XMS 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $401.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-18 12:11 EDT-0400

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Leave it like this, it's decent enough for a moms pc ;)

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

I like it, looks good! I like the core 1000 too and the i3 is solid

If they do not need the storage, I would slam an SSD in there, but its probably fine with the mechanical drive

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I like it, looks good! I like the core 1000 too and the i3 is solid

If they do not need the storage, I would slam an SSD in there, but its probably fine with the mechanical drive

Currenty the 2006 imac is full at the 500gb Hard drive.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Currenty the 2006 imac is full at the 500gb Hard drive.

Oh I see! Then 1tb is probably a goo idea!

Although I would just buy them a new Mac Mini

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Oh I see! Then 1tb is probably a goo idea!

Although I would just buy them a new Mac Mini

Starts 200$ higher, better cpu, less ram, less hard drive, yeah.

Hows this look? Decent enough for a mom pc of web and word?  Already have a PSU.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.38 @ Newegg) 

Yep. Solid.

Yep. Solid.

OK.

The imac is painful to use. I dont see how my mom uses it, takes like 30 seconds to load a web page.

My imac g4 is faster...

Did you mean to select the one stick RAM? I think you'd want this one:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-memory-cmx8gx3m2a1600c11

Otherwise, i think it looks cool.

Did you mean to select the one stick RAM? I think you'd want this one:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-memory-cmx8gx3m2a1600c11

Otherwise, i think it looks cool.

No, thats 20$ more. Becides, MB only has 2 slots.

Aslo, i just have 1 stick, and dont have any problems

No, thats 20$ more. Becides, MB only has 2 slots.

Aslo, i just have 1 stick, and dont have any problems

Oh, okay I just thought you'd want dual channel. But I guess it doesn't really matter in this case. (no pun intended)

Oh, okay I just thought you'd want dual channel. But I guess it doesn't really matter in this case. (no pun intended)

Yeah, and this way leaves room for upgrades

psu?

I would suggest spending ~$8 more and getting a 128GB ssd instead of the hdd. It will greatly improve the user experience. An ssd that size will have at least 70GB of space available for user files. I suspect a perusal of the stuffed 500GB on the iMac will show that much of the material does not have to be moved. But if it is really necessary, consider increasing the budget.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

psu?

I would suggest spending ~$8 more and getting a 128GB ssd instead of the hdd. It will greatly improve the user experience. An ssd that size will have at least 70GB of space available for user files. I suspect a perusal of the stuffed 500GB on the iMac will show that much of the material does not have to be moved. But if it is really necessary, consider increasing the budget.

I have a PSU, giving it to them, and then i get get myself a nice modular one.

Ill stick with the HD, and maby later add an ssd.

I have a PSU, giving it to them, and then i get get myself a nice modular one.

Ill stick with the HD, and maby later add an ssd.

Your choice on the ssd but I would point out that it is much easier to add an hdd for data later than an ssd for boot/system later.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Your choice on the ssd but I would point out that it is much easier to add an hdd for data later than an ssd for boot/system later.

POssibly, but me, nor any other of the family has ever used an SSD, so we dont know what we are missing.

You shouldn't be going with the OEM version of Windows but instead the Full Version. Yes, it is slightly more expensive, but OEM is basically for manufacturers only because it cannot be transferred from one motherboard to another, and it does not have direct support from Microsoft. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k GPU: MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G PSU: Corsair CX500M Motherboard: ASRock B85 PRO4 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB SSD: Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Blue 1 TB

You shouldn't be going with the OEM version of Windows but instead the Full Version. Yes, it is slightly more expensive, but OEM is basically for manufacturers only because it cannot be transferred from one motherboard to another, and it does not have direct support from Microsoft. 

Oh... i used OEM on my computer... i used this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3ZN2W0/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

Well I mean if you don't plan on changing motherboards at any point and if this is not upgrading from Windows 7 but rather a completely new build then you could go with it, but I strongly recommend you pay an extra $10 or so and get the full version. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k GPU: MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G PSU: Corsair CX500M Motherboard: ASRock B85 PRO4 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB SSD: Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Blue 1 TB

Well I mean if you don't plan on changing motherboards at any point and if this is not upgrading from Windows 7 but rather a completely new build then you could go with it, but I strongly recommend you pay an extra $10 or so and get the full version. 

Yeah, i wish i got the full version for myself. I have a cheap 50$ motherbaoard, and i want a new one... but i dont want to buy windows again./