Best way to put up shelves WITHOUT drilling?

I live in a flat with a few other friends and we're renting,

we're not allowed to drill holes in the wall, so I was wondering if anyone had a successful method of putting a single shelf up on the wall? It doesn't need to hold a lot of weight, just a few display pieces.

Any suggestions would be welcome :)

#!

Perhaps use self adhesive pads then use a bracket which you would otherwise drill in to attach to the pads then screw the brackets to the shelf? Not sure how secure / stable it would be - but if it doesn't need to hold too much weight, then i suppose it could work.

Buy a mac, it just works

no, just no

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

Perhaps use self adhesive pads then use a bracket which you would otherwise drill in to attach to the pads then screw the brackets to the shelf? Not sure how secure / stable it would be - but if it doesn't need to hold too much weight, then i suppose it could work.

Thanks for that man, I was thinking along the lines of those 3M adhesive pads, I think they'll do the trick :)

#!

stop spamming the forum man, reported.

Dito.

About your shelve. Adhesives work so a certain degree. Don't put anything up there you value, especially if the shelve itself has some weight to it aswell.

I suggest you drill holes [i know you're not allowed to but:] and once you move out, kit them up. If you are allowed to drill holes into the ceiling [say for a lamp] have it hang from chains  [what I did, cause would work otherwise]. And it looks nice ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

If it all starts to go wrong you can always just use some duct tape.

Good bit of sarcasm in there, although it does work for fixing broken table legs.

Dito.

About your shelve. Adhesives work so a certain degree. Don't put anything up there you value, especially if the shelve itself has some weight to it aswell.

I suggest you drill holes [i know you're not allowed to but:] and once you move out, kit them up. If you are allowed to drill holes into the ceiling [say for a lamp] have it hang from chains  [what I did, cause would work otherwise]. And it looks nice ^^

We get flat inspection every 3 or so months, so drilling holes is definitely out of the question unfortunately :(

#!

We get flat inspection every 3 or so months, so drilling holes is definitely out of the question unfortunately :(

Are you sure the landlord can forbid you to drill holes? Donno about New Zealand's Law, but here they cannot even deny you smoking inside ^^

Hmm, maybe an actual shelve, like standing on the ground? No room?

You could get inventive and use rope or something, and like hang it from any existing holes or somewhere you could attach the rope. It would look cool, not sure how practical it would be mind you. :/

Are you sure the landlord can forbid you to drill holes? Donno about New Zealand's Law, but here they cannot even deny you smoking inside ^^

Hmm, maybe an actual shelve, like standing on the ground? No room?

Yeah of course, we rent their house that THEY own, so we can't modify anything in the house that requires fixture, which is fine by me tbh, when I own a house and want to rent it out I wouldn't want someone destroying my house, lol.

Yeah no room, it's going to be above my computer desk, just to hold some memorabilia and some nice back drop items :)

#!

You could get inventive and use rope or something, and like hang it from any existing holes or somewhere you could attach the rope. It would look cool, not sure how practical it would be mind you. :/

Hmm now that I look up, I've got hangers fixed in the wall way above me, It's a good 2.5m up though, haha, I'll try my luck, thanks for the suggestion!

#!

Get some chains from your local hardware store, and screw in some hooks or something into your shelve. I have a few things fixed like that. And it looks like some kind of nerd-serial-killer-den in here :D

Get some chains from your local hardware store, and screw in some hooks or something into your shelve. I have a few things fixed like that. And it looks like some kind of nerd-serial-killer-den in here :D

I think that chain idea would look awesome