XSPC have said there titan block will work on a 780

CPU: Intel I5 2500k Cooling:  Custom Loop 200mm+240mm Rad XSPC CPU block + XSPC Titan Block GPU: Zotac 780 MoBo: ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 PSU: Corsiar AX750 Storage: 2x Samsung F3 1Tb 1x Seagate 3TB  1x 128GB SSD Case: Corsair 600t (White)

XSPC have said there titan block will work on a 780

Would you mind linking me to the announcement so I can update the OP with it?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I've got a 480mm Alphacool radiator with 8 SP120s in push pull. Enough to cool a 780 and a i7-2600K? The CPU isn't overclocked, still running at stock speeds

Cheers

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985 

I've got a 480mm Alphacool radiator with 8 SP120s in push pull. Enough to cool a 780 and a i7-2600K? The CPU isn't overclocked, still running at stock speeds

Cheers

That should be fine. Especially in push/pull.

What thickness is the radiator? Although even a 30mm should be fine in push/pull.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

That should be fine. Especially in push/pull.

What thickness is the radiator? Although even a 30mm should be fine in push/pull.

Yeh it's a 30mm 30FPI 

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985 

Yeh it's a 30mm 30FPI 

Well like I said, that's fine although I think you should have gone with the 45mm originally but there's nothing you can do about that now. No worries though. 

So let's say I have a 280x140x30 (at 30 fpi) and 200x245x36 (the Phobya).  Will that be sufficient to cool a 3570K and a 780, assuming I'd like to overclock both?  Thanks.

I don't really get what the other guy said but it completely goes against what Ghost just recommended to someone in this exact thread.

He said 480x120x30 is "fine" (for no-oc though)

That's 57600(mm)² surface.

You actually have 39200(mm)²+49000(mm)²=88200(mm)².  Additionally your 49000 are actually 20% thicker.

I think he misread your second rad as 200x120x36 or something like that.

I don't really get what the other guy said but it completely goes against what Ghost just recommended to someone in this exact thread.

He said 480x120x30 is "fine" (for no-oc though)

That's 57600(mm)² surface.

You actually have 39200(mm)²+49000(mm)²=88200(mm)².  Additionally your 49000 are actually 20% thicker.

I think he misread your second rad as 200x120x36 or something like that.

Push/pull gives more airflow at an acceptable noise level.

Additionally 200mm fans have bigger hubs in the middle and much lower static pressure and airflow per cm^2.

I typically over-estimate because it means people will always be happy. You could probably do a 780 and 3770k on a 30*360 rad but it would have to be loud to have satisfactory temps.

Yes, but then this "280x140x30 (at 30 fpi) and 200x245x36" should be ok, right? The dual 140 isn't that much smaller than the triple 120. The additional rad (even though you don't get an optimal cooling performance due to the form factor) should make more than up for it.

Yes, but then this "280x140x30 (at 30 fpi) and 200x245x36" should be ok, right? The dual 140 isn't that much smaller than the triple 120. The additional rad (even though you don't get an optimal cooling performance due to the form factor) should make more than up for it.

You are completely correct.

I missed the fact that it was a 280*140 rather than a 240*120.

Whats important to note is that estimating the number of radiators required for a loop is a "wooly" subject. That is why I try to avoid giving out lists of numbers and rather give reasoning.

This contradicts me giving out a list of radiator values in my OP but people want things quantified. That is also why I stated I am open to any opinions on my recommendations.

My whole argument wasn't even against you :) I just wanted to support the guy I quoted that I think he should be fine.

My whole argument wasn't even against you :) I just wanted to support the guy I quoted that I think he should be fine.

Oh no I wasn't auguring against you or arguing at all in fact. I was justifying airdeano's comments for the benefit of the person you quoted if he reads this.

Oh no I wasn't auguring against you or arguing at all in fact. I was justifying airdeano's comments for the benefit of the person you quoted if he reads this.

I'm certainly reading!  Maybe the simple fact is that overclocking a 3570k and GTX 780 in a Bitfenix Prodigy simply isn't possible (without it sounding like a jet engine).

I'm certainly reading!  Maybe the simple fact is that overclocking a 3570k and GTX 780 in a Bitfenix Prodigy simply isn't possible (without it sounding like a jet engine).

If you use Noctua NF-A14 PWM s in push/pull with "Fan Xpert II (or similar fan RPM vs temp curve software)" you will be able to keep it silent most of the time unless the system is under load and even then it will be quite quiet.

If you can increase the thickness of that 280*140 rad to as much as you can it would certainly help a lot. I'm not sure how much clearance you have in the prodigy.

If anything try to get a "Monsta" 280*140 and a pair of NF-A14s. Hopefully you have the 105mm clearance you need.

Cheers

Yeh it's a 30mm 30FPI 

umm yeah-no.. alphacool ST30 480 is not a 30fpi radiator it is a 8fpi radiator and using p/p is un-necessary

even using 600rpm fans. way-way overkill.

airdeano

umm yeah-no.. alphacool ST30 480 is not a 30fpi radiator it is a 8fpi radiator and using p/p is un-necessary

even using 600rpm fans. way-way overkill.

airdeano

Relevant: http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/05/01/alphacool-nexxxos-st30-360-radiator/

The comments are most relevant: 30% performance increase with push/pull. That's still a lot considering.

Also: 600 -> 1000RPM gives a 50% power dissipation increase.

So the difference between running push/pull at 1000RPM rather than pull or push at 600RPM could be very slightly off double the performance.

Bear in mind this is a 360 not a 480.

EDIT: Also an 100% performance increase going from 600RPM to 1400RPM.

If you use Noctua NF-A14 PWM s in push/pull with "Fan Xpert II (or similar fan RPM vs temp curve software)" you will be able to keep it silent most of the time unless the system is under load and even then it will be quite quiet.

If you can increase the thickness of that 280*140 rad to as much as you can it would certainly help a lot. I'm not sure how much clearance you have in the prodigy.

If anything try to get a "Monsta" 280*140 and a pair of NF-A14s. Hopefully you have the 105mm clearance you need.

that 280 stealth is a crap radiator to use...

it certainly is possible to use an overclocked 3570k/780 in a prodigy without top AA fuel-dragsters

being drowned out by the PC fans..

the alphacool XT45 280 would be far better. all copper for one, secondly has a lower fpi so any

fan choice will work.

the reasons I use 60mm radiators is the thermal efficiency is better than skinny radiators. capacity

and number of tubes (coolant passages). thinner means you loose a lot of those tubes internally.

because a rad is thinner by 15mm isn't always 25% reduction (from a 60mm) is cooling capacity.

usually is more depending on the tube sizing used. although a 360x 30 is smaller by mathematical

calculations over a 240x 60 will not give anywhere near the thermal load needed just by the surface

area.

airdeano

that 280 stealth is a crap radiator to use...

it certainly is possible to use an overclocked 3570k/780 in a prodigy without top AA fuel-dragsters

being drowned out by the PC fans..

the alphacool XT45 280 would be far better. all copper for one, secondly has a lower fpi so any

fan choice will work.

the reasons I use 60mm radiators is the thermal efficiency is better than skinny radiators. capacity

and number of tubes (coolant passages). thinner means you loose a lot of those tubes internally.

because a rad is thinner by 15mm isn't always 25% reduction (from a 60mm) is cooling capacity.

usually is more depending on the tube sizing used. although a 360x 30 is smaller by mathematical

calculations over a 240x 60 will not give anywhere near the thermal load needed just by the surface

area.

airdeano

So, am XT45 280 up top...And what about in front?

I'd wait until EK make a waterblock that says GTX 780 on it.

Yeah umm their blocks doesnt put the names of the GPU on the waterblocks itself so you wont be able to notice it.

There's going to be a 780 arriving in a few days at my friends store, and he also happens to have an XSPC titan block on the shelve, might as well try and see if they fit or not. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

A person on OCN confirmed that EK Titan XXL w/backplate block fits 780, link.

This should be added to to OP, but Stren is doing a Titan block roundup. Since I imagine companies are just gonna use the same exact design with a different logo or whatever. The data shouldn't change at all. He'll continue adding more as he gets more of them.

http://www.xtremerigs.net/reviews/water-cooling/nvidia-titan-water-block-roundup-coming-soon/

sXNiFTU.png

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM