how fast can you type?

Frank Brown

What do you mean blindly? as in not looking at the keyboard? isn't that standard practice? i have been doing that since the age of 10

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, and yes that is indeed standard practice. Believe it or

not though, many people still intently stare at their keyboard when they type. Blind typing

might be normal for you and me, but it's not for everyone else. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Its weird, my left hand, i use 4 fingers to type but I can only use my index finger on my right hand, it really slows me down!

Its weird, my left hand, i use 4 fingers to type but I can only use my index finger on my right hand, it really slows me down!

I imagine that would indeed be quite a handicap. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I imagine that would indeed be quite a handicap. :lol:

No idea how it started but i'm 18 so its hard to get out of the habit now! :P

Yeah once something like that has set it takes a lot of work to change.

i got 54

lol exactly the same here .. im 18 aswell, makes it harder to type without looking as it's easy to position the right hand wrong :P and no idea how im going to break out of this habit at this point -_-
i got 54

i straightened up my chair and turned the lights on that resulted in a score of 64 :P

( i kinda hate my keyboard though .. probably never had a worse keyboard than this to type on)

i have a bad habit of only using 3 fingers from each hand. pointer, ring and middle finger. I mainly use the pointer and middle and only use the ring if the other 2 are lined up on the next letter after i type with the middle 

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

MX Blues

Gotta love them blues. :D

Pretty proud of mine actually haha, on membranes i was about ~115. Now using MX Reds and can't go any higher than this. (From last week)

Planning to grab an MX Blue next to exceed the 150 threshold.

Typing Test - Table

Typing Test - Score

Typing Test - Leaderboard

ok here comes the big boys double ing my (what i thought was good) score. How do you type so fast? better get start trying to loose my bad habbits

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Windows 8 64bit

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

I did it a few months ago, mine was around 55, if I remember correctly, on a crappy 12€ membrane keyboard.

Pretty proud of mine actually haha, on membranes i was about ~115. Now using MX Reds and can't go any higher than this. (From last week)

Planning to grab an MX Blue next to exceed the 150 threshold.

If i was a girl, i would hate to be your girlfriend typing up a storm with a cherry mx blue while im trying to sleep LOL

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Windows 8 64bit

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

If i was a girl, i would hate to be your girlfriend typing up a storm with a cherry mx blue while im trying to sleep LOL

Lol i don't type that fast on a standard use basis XD

Initially wanted an MX Brown as Blues are too noisy for home when family is around, but due to shortage of browns i opted for Reds instead - the lack of tactile feedback results in all sorts of typo errors ergh.

Waiting for Ducky Mini to grab an MX Blue variant for portable use!

Lol i don't type that fast on a standard use basis XD

Initially wanted an MX Brown as Blues are too noisy for home when family is around, but due to shortage of browns i opted for Reds instead - the lack of tactile feedback results in all sorts of typo errors ergh.

Waiting for Ducky Mini to grab an MX Blue variant for portable use!

I'm fastest at typing on Macbook Pro scissor switches surprisingly enough. The 113wpm was on my brand new k70 with reds, and I've only had them for a few days so it will probably go up considerably next week. But on Macbook Pro scissor switches I typically hit around 130-135. Still not as high as you but =)

On blues I'm a pitiful 97-98 =( and I'm lowest on my Alienware laptops keyboard at around 90. 

There's already a thread like this created a few weeks back...

On membrane:

My typing (after a few practice rounds)

drunk 68 wpm

sober 85 wpm

Very important to have both of those numbers ;)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I got 98 WPM on that website with cherry mx blue cm quickfire tk

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

If anyone is looking for a REAL wpm test. try out TypeRacer. http://play.typeracer.com/

Way better than some of the other sites people are using to test their speed. Here you type actual transcripts which is much more natural and using proper punctuation and grammar (unless quoted directly from author) 

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Reading this thread makes me feel like I'm a fast typer. Haven't used 10FastFingers for months, but checking my profile I have an average of 135 WPM.

Using MX blues. I really love the clickity clackity of it, but I'm planning to get a keyboard with MX browns/reds. 

Is the Quickfire Rapid Pro red any nice for typing? (Not sure if I got the name of the keyboard right).

I'm looking for something rather cheap.. something less "clicky" but still has a nice sound. :)

I can do 100WPM on a nice keyboard that I'm used to, for instance College's Logitech K10's or whatever they are. But my keyboard here I rarely type on so I'm not that quick with it, or rather as quick. I got 65WPM on this keyboard. I re-test myself on that program in college next week.

• 1 month later...

Got bored one night and decided to test my typing speed using http://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english. Got a very modest 75 wpm, nothing to really be proud of.

My question is, how fast are you guys?

CPU: I7-3770K @ 4.5GHz 1.24V CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i in Pull Ram: 2x8GB 1600MHz Mobo: MSI Z77A GD65 SSD's: 128GB Samsung 840 Pro HD's: Hitachi 1TB & Seagate 3TB Case: Fractal Define R4 Pearl Black Window Edition GPU: Msi 660ti 3gb TF3 Optical: LG DVD-RW OS: Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit 

Theres already a topic on this but it was hard to find. Search feature on here is pretty bad...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/17498-how-fast-can-you-type/page-10?hl=%2Bfast+%2Btyper#entry314636

But I type around 85 WPM.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360