High ping in CSGO. only CSGO.

Lauen
Go to solution Solved by Lauen,

Well I finally found the solution. It had to do with the NAT settings in my router, and they were slightly well hidden on my ASUS RT-N16 with EasyTomato, but it was set to "strict" or "secure". I opened that up, and now it's all good. dumb thing really, I had a support ticket on steamsupport and I said it was dumb, LOL.

So I literally just got CSGO today to play with some friends. When we got into a game, my ping went from 40, to 150, to 350, to 480, to 8-900. if I alt tab the game for a few seconds and go back in, my ping will be normal for about 5-10 seconds, then go back up. I do not have any issues with ping in any other games, and no, I do not have any downloads. while writing this (no pages loading, skype call and alt-tabbed) I was informed that I was at 29 ping. Googled a bit, found some people with the same issues, but didn't see anything.

Tried: lowering "acceptable" ping and setting priority to high.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

So I literally just got CSGO today to play with some friends. When we got into a game, my ping went from 40, to 150, to 350, to 480, to 8-900. if I alt tab the game for a few seconds and go back in, my ping will be normal for about 5-10 seconds, then go back up. I do not have any issues with ping in any other games, and no, I do not have any downloads. while writing this (no pages loading, skype call and alt-tabbed) I was informed that I was at 29 ping. Googled a bit, found some people with the same issues, but didn't see anything.

Tried: lowering "acceptable" ping and setting priority to high.

maybe you are connecting to servers that are too far

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

What CSGO servers are you connecting to, and what city are you in?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

What CSGO servers are you connecting to, and what city are you in?

maybe you are connecting to servers that are too far

No you guys, if I go afk in spawn and alt tab, then ask my friends what my ping is, currently 38, and if I go back into the game, I'll see it go from 38 up to like 920. I am in *location*, server is "Valve CS:GO EU West Server (srcds101.136.8)". Two of my friends who I am trying to play with are literally no more than 18 miles from me, and they have like 30 or less ping, and one even has an identical connection to mine.

So today some friends hosted a game at their home, and I joined it. 860~ ping, which then should tell us that it's not the servers. speedtest still shows regular speeds.

Could be Anti-Virus causing problems. I had an issue with connecting to steam and had to allow the exe in the application rules of the firewall on My PC.

Could be Anti-Virus causing problems. I had an issue with connecting to steam and had to allow the exe in the application rules of the firewall on My PC.

It always was allowed through the firewall, and disabling antivirus didn't help.

I uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled the game today, about to go check if it works pretty soon

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally found the solution. It had to do with the NAT settings in my router, and they were slightly well hidden on my ASUS RT-N16 with EasyTomato, but it was set to "strict" or "secure". I opened that up, and now it's all good. dumb thing really, I had a support ticket on steamsupport and I said it was dumb, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

I have same problem, when i play in a server i have 900 latency, when i minimize my game, it drop down, but when i come to play, it raises steadily to 900 again. And i can't find those options in my router, tried even cs port openings, and all are open now. mine is DRG A125G (Pirelli), need some help :S.

I have same problem, when i play in a server i have 900 latency, when i minimize my game, it drop down, but when i come to play, it raises steadily to 900 again. And i can't find those options in my router, tried even cs port openings, and all are open now. mine is DRG A125G (Pirelli), need some help :S.

http://boards.portforward.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1027 I'm not really supposed to just send people off to another forum, but try what these guys are doing: http://boards.portforward.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1027 I know you said you tried opening ports, but this one's about forwarding them :D

nothing changed after this :/

Unless you can find the strict or secure NAT settings, I honestly can't help you further. I bought a new router, and got a modem from a friend, because my ISP supplies absolutely crap hardware, so I set it up myself, much better. only thing I bumped into was said NAT settings, but it was easy to fix for me.

Unless you can find the strict or secure NAT settings, I honestly can't help you further. I bought a new router, and got a modem from a friend, because my ISP supplies absolutely crap hardware, so I set it up myself, much better. only thing I bumped into was said NAT settings, but it was easy to fix for me.

oh, well, im changing ISP this/next week, maybe it'll solve the problem, hopefully.

oh, well, im changing ISP this/next week, maybe it'll solve the problem, hopefully.

yeah a newer router may have it set to open already, and if not it'll hopefully be easier to access.

• 2 years later...

i was searching everywhere for other solutions as the NAT settings wasn't my issue, found a video covering almost every solution about high ping in CS:GO and matchmaking issues , one of them solved my problem, so it could solve others https://youtu.be/qFW6Irgxslc