Don't sign in to Social Club in GTA:SA on Android

Hi, I have been sitting on this information for many month now but I haven't done anything about it because i haven't cared about it and maybe you don't care either. If you own a Android phone which is rooted you always should download apps with caution and this is a very good example of that.

If you now is one of the 100K-500K that have bought the GTA:SA on Android and have signed in on Social club, I recommend that you immediately sign out of Social club or uninstall the app. (Menu > Game > "Sign out of Social club" > type some random email and password and press sign in so the information disappears or uninstall the app)

When you are signing in to Social club they will save your information (email and password) in plain text on the apps "shared preferences" even if you don't check the "Remember details" box. And you have a app that have root permission they can very easily extract the information and email it to themselves (That doesn't take a lot of code to do that).

Path to the shared preferences: /data/data/com.rockstar.gtasa/prefs.xml

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

There are enough apps that can do this. but it's the risk you take when you have a rooted device.

Im sorry i thank you for the heads up but i cant stop laughing at sing :S

Im sorry i thank you for the heads up but i cant stop laughing at sing :S

Oops :rolleyes:

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!