It is much worse:( Freezes and makes buzzing sound Still need help

orlando690

Ok, that pretty much just leaves the cpu, ram, or the motherboard itself.

Run prime95, then memtest.

those temps are high, but far from extreme.

Also, i dont know how those graphics work since im still using a core2quad. anyone who uses it might be able to help you way better than me.

when are you getting your GPU ?

Started prime95 at 12:49AM been almost 12 hours. How long doo I run memtest for? Before I do memtest I will do exactly what I was doing to see if it freezes/ makes buzzig noise on the other TV.

I didn't put the fan I usually put when I plan on using the pc much so temps got to 68C the hottest core. but as soon as i saw the temps I placed the fan and temps went down to 65C the hottest core. im sure that will be the average when its done.

Im using Arctic Silver 5. I placed I think the right amount and then spread it out with a business card.  

Getting a GPU in November no sooner than black Friday and no later than cyber Monday. Because one of my friends saw a 680 for $250 and NVIDIA because I want advanced PhysX.

But im thinking of scratching that since some videos of seen it just looks retarted "why are those particles their??

they obviously dont belong there Just for showing off". Ill do more looking into plus in the future I might need more cuda cores that NVIDIA gives (im not planning n buying another component for at least 5 years hopefully, Im not sure how demanding Computer Science will get on a PC).

I hope its not the motherboard :( it doesn't have a pin protector so I wont be able to RMA

How long have you been using that cpu? do you have thermal paste well set?

is the heatsink clean?

Well the CPU is used so I don't know how long its been used for but it has to be at least 1 year since it was released a year ago, I think.

Myself ive used it for about 3-4 weeks. 

heatsink looks as clean as it can be. Would a picture of how I have it set up help any1 maybe I do have something wrong I didn't notice?

Im wondering whether the pc has frozen during anytime in this test. Since Ive nevr put 100% load on the pc the highest I managed to get it was 90% and that was with 3 games open.

Baby Beast:

B450m Mortar // 3700x // T Force Vulcan 16gb // Gaming X Trio RTX 2070S // sx8200 pro // 850W G

try to borrow one graphics card from a friend... even if it means a cheap one. try to game or whatever to see if that still happens

None of my friends have PC's and the only PC I have is back when XP was new. Also how can I test the Motherboard? Since I tested both RAM's together (3 passes) I figured before testing ea by itself I would test the motherboard, but I don't know how. Il search it up just incase I find the answer by searching before a reply.

Also I bought a Case today so the temps wont reach that high. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146079  Its the nzxt phantom enthusiast full tower black/green trim. Should be getting it in 4-7 business days.

Could this be a HDD issue?

Is prime95 only for overclocking? cuz I have not overclocked anything

Baby Beast:

B450m Mortar // 3700x // T Force Vulcan 16gb // Gaming X Trio RTX 2070S // sx8200 pro // 850W G

Well i tried giving m ram a lil more power added .05 volts to make a total of 1.55V and it didnt work. 

But something new just happened. I switched the HDMI from port 2 to port 3 and now only was it not frozen but all the hotkeys i had pressed where executed. Back to thinking its the TV or the display utput from MOBO/CPU One thing that i forgot to mention whenever i noticed it. Whenever this happenes i get disconnected from PS2 servers.

Baby Beast:

man those are hard times...

it might be the gfx controller in the cpu. it s normal to freeze, if the temps are high enough to do so. but since you stressed and it was fine :unsure:

instal aida64 and stress the cpu for about an hour

but then again, it would began throttling.. check that in aida64

MMk Il try that out I started to do mem test on 1 dimm so il do it afterwards. Should I just stop the memtest? sicne I already did it 3 pases with both dims together?

Baby Beast:

man those are hard times...

it might be the gfx controller in the cpu. it s normal to freeze, if the temps are high enough to do so. but since you stressed and it was fine :unsure:

instal aida64 and stress the cpu for about an hour

Mind telling me how that worlks exactly? what am I suppose to do setp by step I have aida4 up but I don't see stress test

Nvm I started testing

Baby Beast:

Holy crap my temps are reacing 70 should I be scared?  has only been 14 minutes. The pc will turn off itself if it gets too hot right.

Baby Beast:

ok im pretty sure now that you have to replace that thermal paste - correctly (less is more).

Remove the heatsink, clean the dust out. Just put a dot in the middle and put the heat sink on, after cleaning it

use the "dot method". dont use too much.

Its been 1hr 7 min since i started the stress (stressed everything except local disk) Do i just stop and it will give me the results?

I stoped it. i didn't notice any throteling when i was loking at the screen during the stress

Baby Beast:

<p>Would temps [core 0 = 67, core 1= 68, core 2 = 73, core 3= 72] really be what is causing the freezing/buzzing sound</p>

<p>I will be changing the paste once i get my case</p>

Baby Beast:

Its been 1hr 7 min since i started the stress (stressed everything except local disk) Do i just stop and it will give me the results?

I stoped it. i didn't notice any throteling when i was loking at the screen during the stress

Your 70 degree C temps aren't amazing - but the CPU isn't technically overheating.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

those temps are not high enough. seem fine with stock cooling actually

dont know...

:'( i was just starting up 1 game and it happened again

Baby Beast:

is your hdd brand new? run a smart test (google)

Brand spanking new

Baby Beast: