Modis Geekstakes Sponsored Giveaway

nicklmg

next gen gaming.. powerful machines with affordable price .. also i interested with wearable tech

Seeing home automation really take off for consumers will be interesting.

Virtual reality!

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 GHz  |  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI Radeon HD7950 OC/BE  |  8GB Kingston HyperX Red 1866 Mhz DDR3  |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  120GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD  |  320GB Western Digital HDD  |  Thermaltake Core V71  |  BenQ XL2420Z + Fujistu Eco 19-5  |  Random ASUS keyboard  |  Corsair M60  | HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset

Comment below with your answer to our poll question for a chance to win a CM Storm Quickfire TK backlit mechanical keyboard!

new_teaser.jpg

Sponsor Message: What's your most coveted geek gear? Let us know which technology is at the top of your list for a chance to win a CM Storm Quickfire TK provided by Modis – a global leader in information technology staffing.

The biggest holiday in the geek world is right around the corner – Geek Pride Day is May 25! And we’re helping Modis compile a list of the top 10 next-gen tech products and celebrating the geeks behind them. Plus, they're gearing up to dish out 10 geek gadgets during Geek Pride Week in their Geekstakes Giveaway!

So, tell us - what types of tech are you getting most geeked up about right now? Is it virtual reality (something like Oculus Rift)? Smart tech (Google Glass 2)? Wearable tech (Pebble Steel)? 3D printers? Drones? What will impact the tech industry and your life the most in the next year or so?  Choose your answer above and comment below to be entered in the giveaway!

And stay tuned for more information about the Geekstakes Giveaway during Geek Pride Week at the end of May!

for myself it's all about the 4K gaming. I managed to snag one of the Saiki 4K TVs and had a go with it a few months back and it was INCREDIBLE. Even with low frame rates, the resolution is simply balls deep.

The bigger issue for me is the scaling of UI and the in-game text. Civilization 5 was pretty unplayable due to not being able to read anything. I'm half on the fence about getting a 65" 4K TV to game with just to increase the size of the text that way :)

I would have to say VR, simply because it's exciting to see which direction they are going to go with it.

Im excited about next gen gaming, specifically PC and the PS4. Those new monster GPUs with watercooling are insane.

i think 3D printing is one of the coolest techs there has been in awhile the things that can be done with it still have not fully been done

I voted for the Occulus Rift but it was really tied for 3d printing for my vote.

I am excited virtual reality just to finally try something new but 3d printing is second because you can print whatever you want.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

vr, but it was a tough pick, since im really interested in every one of those 

CPU-I7 4790k | Motherboard- asus maximus VII hero | RAM- G Skill Trident x 16 gigs | GPU- Asus gtx 980 strix | Case- Fractal Define r4 blackout | Storage- 250 samsung evo boot, 500 evo for games, and 2 tb wd black for storage | PSU- Corsair rm850 | Display(s)- LG 34um65 | Cooling- Noctua NH-U14S | 

3D Printers hold the most possibilities within them and I am dying to get my hands on one of them!

I really like the idea of having all your tech in you, for the sake of accessibility, and convenience. I beleive many big companies will move forward in this field, and great things will come.

3D printing because, I can print stuff.

Current Build: CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K @ 4.0 GHz Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+ RAM 2 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Storage: 1 TB and 500 GB Segate Barracuda HDDs GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 760 Case: NZXT Source 210 PSU: Corsair CX 600W

Next-Gen Gaming, not because I love videogames but moreso that the other things aren't as big a deal. I.e.) Lytro. I love Lytro and the notion of light field photography but the future of the tech isn't as intriguing as say Steam boxes to me.

Daily Driver: Note 3 running CyanogenMod11 (HLTE 8/29)
Current Device(s)Note 3 (CM11) > Nexus 4 (Sold) > Galaxy S3 (eMMC Fried) > LG G2x (Sold) > Motorola Cliq (Stock) > Motorola SLVR (Lost)
This is my Next: OnePlus One | Google Nexus 6

Hard to pick which, one but love drone tech.

I'm excited for wearable tech (As hipster as that sounds). I USED to be interested in VR but then I just lost interest after the oculus acquisition. I think that graphene will impact the tech world greatly because of its superconductivity. 

I'm very interested in 3D Printing and VR, but I like the idea of these new extended display screens. I feel like it's a lot more immersing yet more reasonable way to game! :)

I have been drooling over a 3D printer for a long time.

I think wearable tech will have the most important impact in the future. Smart-watches are just the beginning.

Mostly interested in 3d printing. It has numerous applications with my other hobby (model building)

-John

i wish i had a mech keyboard, oh well. I want VR to rech the poing that it is in Sword Art Online, and i want it as soon as possible, because i want to be basically peripheral-less and play awesome VR MMORPGs

Nothing to see here, move along

Within the options given, hands down, 3D printing (I get to play around with one at university  :D ).

However, next generation CPU/GPUs are what I'm really geeking out about (Skylake and Pascal mainly) 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I'm excited for 3D printing.