Haswell compatibility with Corsair power supplies

Lystfiskern
According to recent article by Jonny Gerow in the Corsair blog almost all Corsair PSUs are ready to go with Haswell. 

Some are still to be confirmed or might need some tweaks to function. 

Full chart and future updates in this blog:

If you found this post helpful and on the point be sure to give it a "like"                                      -------}

Fractal Design Define R5 White/Window / Intel 4790K / EVGA Z97 FTW / EVGA G2 750W / Sapphire R9 390 Nitro  / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB / Corsair Force Series GT 240GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB - HGST Ultrastar  4TB / 32GB Kingston HyperX Savage 2600Mhz DDR3 / Cryorig H7 Lumi Edt. /

yh, haswell has insane downtime (sleep mode) on the psu over the past generation, it adds strain on current psu's and puts too much power in to the cpu stopping it from activating correctly... honest to god its going to be such an improvement for people who are concern about there power bills and stuff

Character artist in the Games industry.

If a PSU is of decent quality (which almost all Corsair ones are) then I don't think Haswell compatibility is a problem.

Nice, my TX-650 is compatible :)

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Glad that the GS, TX, and HX series are compatible with Haswell because planning to get one of these for a Haswell build.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The problem is that Haswell idles as such low voltages that even 100% compatible PSUs currently won't be able to keep the chip active when you put it to sleep mode. There was one PSU brand that came out with a PSU capable of doing said thing but I can't remember off the top of my head which brand it is. Certainly ain't Corsair cause I'll remember it easily if so.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Maybe we can expect an update to the builder series to give better support for Haswell :)...

Im guessing if Corsair PSU's can do it, then a lot of Seasonic and Other Seasonic rebranded units will be able to aswell.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

Im guessing if Corsair PSU's can do it, then a lot of Seasonic and Other Seasonic rebranded units will be able to aswell.

I remember posting a list in another thread:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13389-haswell-build/

But here is the list again, and it is dominated by Corsair, Seasonic has a number of units too (none of the X-series Golds though  :( ..... that sucks, really wanted one of those)

http://www.intel.com/reseller/psu_selector/

Blood-Box (Current) - 4790K @ 4.4GHz 1.175v | MSI Z97M GamingMSI R9 290 TF | 16GB ADATA XPG v1.0 CL9 | patiently waiting on the CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 3 | Corsair RM650 | Noctua NH-U12S | OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD

Feishi (Gift to my bro) - 4770K @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte Z87 UD5H | Gigabyte GTX 760 WFx3 2.0 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 CL9 | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-C14 | Seagate 2TB HDD

Why do people even use sleep mode? Give your machine a break: Turn the damn thing off.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Oh good my AX-650 is good to go. I was worried there for sec since that PSU is discontinued. 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

wow... JonnyGuru came on to oc3d and told me off..... rightfully so - id completely messed up his name   lolz

Fractal Design Define R5 White/Window / Intel 4790K / EVGA Z97 FTW / EVGA G2 750W / Sapphire R9 390 Nitro  / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB / Corsair Force Series GT 240GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB - HGST Ultrastar  4TB / 32GB Kingston HyperX Savage 2600Mhz DDR3 / Cryorig H7 Lumi Edt. /

According to recent article by Jonny Gerow in the Corsair blog almost all Corsair PSUs are ready to go with Haswell. 

Some are still to be confirmed or might need some tweaks to function. 

Full chart and future updates will be in this article:

If you found this post helpful and on the point be sure to give it a "like"                                      -------}

Thanks alot for the post, very helpful.

jonnygurumadatme.jpg

So i imposed a 24h selfban but presumably that wasnt strong enough - punished by OC3D    :D

punishedonoc3dnet.jpg