Nixeus NX-VUE27 27" IPS Monitor Unboxing

LinusTech

First I never buy a monitor that has a glossy bezel or screen only gorgeous matte...

next I love acers thin bezel monitor for the brushed plastic back and very very thin bezel of course the spec and quality is very important but I won't buy an awesome monitor that's ugly as hell... Love simple designs :)

when you do lcd review pleas put it on an give us your impressions of the qulity

I also have quite a personal taste for stands. I love the Dell stands on their Ultrasharp monitors, but am not really a fan of Samsung stands... just a personal preference :P

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

I set myself a budget and then start looking at resolution and brand. I'll usually find a few that hit my cap and just decide between those using reviews.

The monitor mount also rotates, the video doesn't mention that. 

Not big on companies that I'm not familiar with due to tech support. I know ASUS had warranty of cross shipment with my ASUS 27" 3D monitor and once I had an issue with it that warranty went straight out the window and I was told that I needed $600 in my account for collateral and if I didn't have it I had to due the regular RMA which sucks. So with that being said no more asus monitors for me.

The gloss and bezel kill it for me :(

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

I personally have a "trusted" Asus PB278Q as my primary, and I experiment with the lesser-known stuff for my secondaries.

Best of both worlds  :)

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

A combination of 'cheap and big' and 'user reviews'.... Hence why this didn't dissuade me in the least from looking at Yamakasi when I upgrade, as all they are are Samsung panels that didn't pass A+ inspection. I THINK I can live with 1-4 dead pixels for a $1300 discount! And as a former factory worker, I know there are ten times as many products refused for a singular blemish than there are those that have several and still aren't considered sub-B-grade.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I can not properly game on a 60hz monitor anymore, so unless it isn't 120hz or more, I am not looking at it in the first place.

After that, I go for whichever one has the best user reviews and is made by a reputable manufaturer.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

First I decide what I need: 120hz or IPS/PLS

Second: specs such as types of inputs, responsiveness etc

checking brands Samsung, Asus, Dell what they have

checking reviews on tech sites and forums (user reviews)

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

I buy based on what I need and my budget, I usually try to get a high quality item. 

I look for monitors with slim bezels (planning on a surround setup), good picture quality, good reviews, and a cheap price. My H236HLbid (got it for $160 + free shipping on newegg) should be getting here today, and it should perfectly fit those requirements.

It a little bit of everything I want the best bang for my money. I take everything in to account what I need, price, reviews warranty etc. The only thing I dont really care about is brand as long as it has good reviews, and a good warranty then I'm okay with it.

A combination of feature set (panel type, size, resolution(s), input connectors, options like usb hub, adjustable stand), quality, brand, price, and reviews. Who would just use one of those to make their choice? Left out test drive (view/look).

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I think I would probably read a lot about the brand, specifications is also a big factor.

I use Eizo monitors at the moment because of reviews and the warranty, when I bought the Eizo monitors I did not even know the brand, so the warranty was a big factor that made me buy them.

Eizo Foris 2331 if anyone is wondering what I use. The respond time is a little bad, especially if they are a bit cold. 

I look to what's cheap and big. Things tend to work out for me from there.

Honestly, that monitor review you guys did with the bezel that was like 1 cm big was awesome. I'm hoping they release a 2560x1600 or at least a 2560x1440 version of the ASUS MX279H. That thing was awesome.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I value the opinions of other people going through the same process of picking through monitors, although often though you get loads of reviews for the 'best cheapest' one and that may mask the fact the despite its cheapness its nothing special.

Even so, reading through many reviews you start to get a feel for the quality of a product through other peoples experiences and it certainly makes me feel more informed about what I might really be paying for. I've never been one to just take the plunge on something, especially if its coming from the other side of the world..

I buy monitors by looking at reviews about it, the company's reputations, and the customer feedback that people provide on websites. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I dunno, I've got better customer support from the seller I bought my Crossover 27Q from then any local store. I would give em a shout out but I dunno if this forum allows that kind of thing. Also Crossover uses A panels only. Mine came with zero dead/stuck pixels and no back light bleed. The stock stand is very stable (I use a single monitor arm for cleat up desk space).  I also prefer the versions with only one input as it cuts down on input lag. 

post-18214-0-38752000-1368055181_thumb.j

post-18214-0-38752000-1368055181_thumb.j

Hey Linus, a small tip/request..

I know you're limited by time/resources to do reviews of these unboxings but perhaps fro monitors, if its possible you should show a quick comparison with it next to a high grade IPS/PLS panel you have lying around like a ProArt and a TN or VA panel you might have. Have the three of em showing the same colour wheel or image next to each other.. just to have a quick assessment of the colour depth.

Another thing.. again if time permits and assuming you do the above idea. You can have the monitor you're unboxing hooked up in a 3 monitor system with a fast TN panel and an avg IPS panel and drag a windows across all 3 monitors and hopefully capture with your high fps camera to give us an idea of response time. Even your regular camera would do if you can just insert a still from one frame..

I'm just saying this because for a monitor.. unboxings really give you no idea about the product except maybe build quality.. which is not the most important thing in a monitor. 

Nah, ain't happening.

I wont buy crappy built Displays with "a bit better than" Korean Panels.. Just can't see it.

Rather starve for a month and buy a Monitor thats worth it..

If I were to shop for a new Monitor right now, I would choose one of the following - depending on what I would use it for.

For FPS games I would buy the BenQ XL2420T, for RTS/MMO gaming Eizo FS2333-BK and for casually watching dat Linus: BenQ BL2400pu

As a matter of fact, I can vouch for the Eizo. While its not everyones taste in looks, it actually performs outstanding.

Almost as good as the 120/144Hz Displays out there, in FPS games that is. Other than that, its an IPS Panel Monitor with TN-like pixelresponsetime and input-lag.

Linus, What is you're opinion on dell Ultrasharp monitors? Have you had any experience with them? If so, How do they compare to Samsung panels and LG/Apple displays? :)

I Bought a 23 inch Ultrasharp and i absolutely love it!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I always read up about the product but the user reviews are the things that convert me to using a product. If someone with my interests loves the product, can find no flaws, etc then no doubt I will too.

#!