Hi, I'm looking for advice... I'm almost done building my system. I've got the BitFenix Ronin Case, a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 with an AMD FX-8320 8-core cpu. I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost SC 2GB GDDR5 GPU (I've OC'd at +75 GPU Clock Offset and +185 Memory Clock Offset. It runs as high as 1356MHz during Boost. I'm going to be getting 16GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro Ram rated at 1866MHz. I plan to get the Corsair H55 all-in-one liquid cooler for my cpu... Any advice as to what i should or shouldn't do is appreciated and what would be good idea's with this build or general thoughts. Also, atm I'm on limited income... :-( and I only have about $200 left after bills. I am willing, however, to save 2 or 3 months to get 1 piece of the build if its something like a CPU or GPU...

post-77852-0-81398500-1398160307_thumb.p

Don't get 16GB RAM for gaming, 8GB is enough.

And for that price, get a nice air cooler instead of a low-end closed loop CPU cooler.

The CPU wouldn't even bottleneck a R9 R295x2 so that won't need any upgrading in the next year or so.

Use the money you've saved on the RAM and CPU cooling to get a better GPU ( R9 280x/GTX 770 for example ).

If you're wondering what CPU cooler you should get? From low price to a higher price:

CM Hyper 212 Evo

Dark Rock Pro 3

Noctua NH-D14 ( or the new NH-D15 in the future )

( All good for overclocking and silence )

get less and cheaper RAM, a decent air cooler is better than the H55, if you want a closed loop that's worth getting get the h80i or anything above

As said above don't get the H55, it'll struggle to cool the FX 8320 under load.

Go for something like the PHTC12DX.

Again as said above 8GB of ram is more than enough unless you're rendering videos or doing some intensive 3d modelling.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

thanks for replying paralectic for answering so damn fast :-) problem is that i plan on making this this OP as ffffffffk in the future without wasting any money. the MOBO is Duel chanel so as im sure you know i have to use 2 dimms and if i get 2 4gig sticks i wont have use for them if i plan to max out the ram at some point. also, yea, i will be getting a new GPU at some point farther down the line... but the 650Ti Boost is quite powerful for its place on the GPU food chain so im sure it'll be fine for a while... 

thanks for replying paralectic for answering so damn fast :-) problem is that i plan on making this this OP as ffffffffk in the future without wasting any money. the MOBO is Duel chanel so as im sure you know i have to use 2 dimms and if i get 2 4gig sticks i wont have use for them if i plan to max out the ram at some point. also, yea, i will be getting a new GPU at some point farther down the line... but the 650Ti Boost is quite powerful for its place on the GPU food chain so im sure it'll be fine for a while... 

psssst use the quote button when talking to people it gives them a message so we know you replied

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

psssst use the quote button when talking to people it gives them a message so we know you replied

thanks, im new here...blah blah that stuff

another thing, i purchased the BitFenix Recon Fan controller for my fans (I plan to have 2 140mm green Spectre fans up top and 2 120mm in front with one 120mm on a liquid cooler) but it didnt work right at all... so now i have to RMA it and im gonna give it 1 more try and if it fails again i'll be getting the BitFenix Hydro...

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so im thinking about getting a soundcard... i have a realtek chip on my motherboard and i use the realtek hd audio manager ALL the time. if i get a soundcard will i still be able to use the realtek hd audio manager?