tmcclelland455

How to start folding... On a Chromebook

Posted · Original PosterOP

Right now I think I want to start folding on my Chromebook. It's ARM based (Exynos 3 I think), and I'm on the Beta channel right now.

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 4GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, and Intel 7260 wireless card + Windows 10 Pro x64

Main PC: Look at my profile you lazy skrublord

You will probably have to jump over to Chrubuntu to do it.

I think there was a way though (like some URL I had to go to and enable some things in the Flags).

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 4GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, and Intel 7260 wireless card + Windows 10 Pro x64

I should probably summon @Whaler_99 for this.

If there is, I am unsure. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

You're fine. :D

Can't you use the Chrome web app?

I would assume it'd work with Google's own OS :P

I didn't even know there was one.

I doubt it will give much PPD, really not worth it imo.

Every little bit helps. Right now my grandma's A6 has all of the weight on it's shoulders, and I need some more power. Can't wait for spring break. Hopefully my new heatsink will arrive and I can set Vengeance free again, to fold 24/7.

I didn't even know there was one.

Every little bit helps. Right now my grandma's A6 has all of the weight on it's shoulders, and I need some more power. Can't wait for spring break. Hopefully my new heatsink will arrive and I can set Vengeance free again, to fold 24/7.

This is the official Chrome App for it https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/foldinghome/hmnbjdgjgikbkapaolimfoidihobnofo?hl=en-US

Thanks. I'll see how it does and I'll report back shortly.

If the Chrome App doesn't work, and I don't think it will, the Folding App certainly won't - they don't support that CPU. Must be Intel or AMD general use x86/x64 CPU's, not the lower end ones.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

If the Chrome App doesn't work, and I don't think it will, the Folding App certainly won't - they don't support that CPU. Must be Intel or AMD general use x86/x64 CPU's, not the lower end ones.

I did manage to get the App running, but I don't think it's going to work either because of that, or because I'm at school.

You could install ubuntu and do it

CPU: Intel Core i5 4430, Motherboard: MSI Z97 U3 Plus, GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270, RAM: HyperX Fury 2x4gb 1600mhz, Storage: Kingston V300 120GB and Seagate 1TB SSHD, Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper T4, PSU: Corsair CX500, Case: Corsair Carbide 200R

You could install ubuntu and do it

School Chromebook. I really don't want to since they will rip my head off.

School Chromebook. I really don't want to since they will rip my head off.

They cant, its against the law :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

They cant, its against the law :)

Okay, Mr. Smartypants. They'll give me in school suspension, charge me $250 for a $150 craptop, and take it away.

Okay, Mr. Smartypants. They'll give me in school suspension, charge me $250 for a $150 craptop, and take it away.

maybe you can use one of those mac themes to hide it :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

maybe you can use one of those mac themes to hide it :P

They're dumb, but even they have their limits.

It appears that it is working, and right now it's working on project 2981.

It appears that it is working, and right now it's working on project 2981.

HHmmm... A farm of Chrome books... hmmm...  Shit all for points but a gazillion WU's done. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

HHmmm... A farm of Chrome books... hmmm...  Shit all for points but a gazillion WU's done. :)

You get enough points, buddy. ;) I'll have to see what I can get out of it. And it makes a really nice hand warmer (since it's one of the cheap, fanless ones).

You get enough points, buddy. ;) I'll have to see what I can get out of it. And it makes a really nice hand warmer (since it's one of the cheap, fanless ones).

Ok, boat load of Chrome books and notebook coolers it is...

Ok, boat load of Chrome books and notebook coolers it is...

Nooooo..... You gotta fashion some custom heatpipes and make a foot/hand warmer.

Nooooo..... You gotta fashion some custom heatpipes and make a foot/hand warmer.

Your thinking small time - bunch of heated chrome books, notebook coolers vented properly, I'm heating my house. :)

Your thinking small time - bunch of heated chrome books, notebook coolers vented properly, I'm heating my house. :)

I'm thinking for the sake of nice warm hands. But it does appear that I can't get any WU's when I'm at school. :(