Razer Hammerhead Pro vs. Razer Kraken Pro?

dscotty55

Hey guys im just curious as to what ones you would buy for primarily music but a little bit of gaming. If you could post your thoughts on each and which you would buy that would be great. Thank you.

Neither, get good headphones ¬.¬ DT 880 / Custom One Pros

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Sennheiser HD 558`s

I am looking in the $50 dollar range

Neither. Razer headphones are some of the worst money can buy. They sound awful, especially for music.

Better IEMs than the Hammerhead Pros:

• SoundMagic E30
  • SteelSeries Flux In-Ear
  • MEElectronics A151

Better headphones than the Kraken Pros:

• Philips Downtown
  • Koss PortaPro
  • Superlux HD 681
  • JVC HARX900

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Neither. Razer headphones are some of the worst money can buy. They sound awful, especially for music.

Better IEMs than the Hammerhead Pros:

• SoundMagic E30
  • SteelSeries Flux In-Ear
  • MEElectronics A151

Better headphones than the Kraken Pros:

• Philips Downtown
  • Koss PortaPro
  • Superlux HD 681
  • JVC HARX900

I already own a pair of old (but still great) Koss headphones that are great for sound quality. Im looking for something that i can listen to when im home working out that offer great comfort ability without sounding too bad. And due to my taste in music, I am a bass head so i figured these would fit the bill (the krakens.) I will definately look into your suggestions though. Thank you.

I already own a pair of old (but still great) Koss headphones that are great for sound quality. Im looking for something that i can listen to when im home working out that offer great comfort ability without sounding too bad. And due to my taste in music, I am a bass head so i figured these would fit the bill (the krakens.) I will definately look into your suggestions though. Thank you.

Believe me, you can get better bass and sound reproduction from other headphones. The Downtowns are a good example.

Anyway, I'm happy to help!

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Believe me, you can get better bass and sound reproduction from other headphones. The Downtowns are a good example.

Ok, ill try my best to be patient hahaha. Ill put a lot more time into what ill purchase, Maybe go try some headphones in the stores nearby. Thank you again.

For the love of everything don't get Razers. 

What's your budget? I'm not a great adviser for lower end headphones.

For the love of everything don't get Razers. 

What's your budget? I'm not a great adviser for lower end headphones.

If it helps I recently bought a pair I hammerhead pros and have been very happy. At first they felt funny but that's because I am used to the crappy apple ones. ATM I use them for gaming and YouTube watching because I'm lazy to get all of my songs back. But by the way I'm not an audiophile so I don't have a professional opinion

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

If it helps I recently bought a pair I hammerhead pros and have been very happy. At first they felt funny but that's because I am used to the crappy apple ones. ATM I use them for gaming and YouTube watching because I'm lazy to get all of my songs back. But by the way I'm not an audiophile so I don't have a professional opinion

How tangle free is the cord? and does the bass drown everything out like some say? Thank you for your imput.

I would spend a little bit more and go for the Sennheiser 439 for the detachable cable. Now keep in mind these are closed headphones. A good pair of open headphones would be Pioneer SE-A1000 and JBL J33 are great IEMs. Take your pick. 

How tangle free is the cord? and does the bass drown everything out like some say? Thank you for your imput.

The only comparison that I have for the tangle free cord is with the apple EarPods and, it is way more tangle free then them. And with the bass, umm . . . I literally know nothing about sound sooooooo, yeah sorry :P but so far I like it and this is from a VERY unprofessional user

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I would try to stretch for the Uptowns then because if I remember correctly the Downtowns "lack" bass in comparison. 

Good headphone nonetherless, miles better than the razer ones, but maybe not what he's looking for.

THE signature

I would spend a little bit more and go for the Sennheiser 439 for the detachable cable. Now keep in mind these are closed headphones. A good pair of open headphones would be Pioneer SE-A1000 and JBL J33 are great IEMs. Take your pick. 

Thank you, Ive got all of them pinned and will be looking at some reviews shortly. Thank you again.

The only comparison that I have for the tangle free cord is with the apple EarPods and, it is way more tangle free then them. And with the bass, umm . . . I literally know nothing about sound sooooooo, yeah sorry :P but so far I like it and this is from a VERY unprofessional user

Haha I understand you. For me im coming from the earbuds i dug out that i got with my old gs3. They don't sound that bad but lack some functionality.

I would try to stretch for the Uptowns then because if I remember correctly the Downtowns "lack" bass in comparison. 

Good headphone nonetherless, miles better than the razer ones, but maybe not what he's looking for.

So If i got the uptowns and then in a month attatched the modmic id have a better pair of the exact same thing correct? Thank you.

So If i got the uptowns and then in a month attatched the modmic id have a better pair of the exact same thing correct? Thank you.

Honestly I would go with the Sennheiser 439 if possible if it's for behind your desk, the Philips Uptown sound pretty good but are somewhat for portable use seeing the short flat cable and it's weight. It's build quite well for the price, though.

The Downtown is simply a cheaper/different headphone in the same Philips line (citiscape), So I guess it is better, but you pay more. Both are better than the razer ones, like I said. 

Some other options to look at are the Superlux HD681 EVO and the Pioneer SE-A1000, but if you are looking for headphones that isolate well, forget about the Pioneers.

THE signature

Honestly I would go with the Sennheiser 439 if possible if it's for behind your desk, the Philips Uptown sound pretty good but are somewhat for portable use seeing the short flat cable and it's weight. It's build quite well for the price, though.

The Downtown is simply a cheaper/different headphone in the same Philips line (citiscape), So I guess it is better, but you pay more. Both are better than the razer ones, like I said. 

Some other options to look at are the Superlux HD681 EVO and the Pioneer SE-A1000, but if you are looking for headphones that isolate well, forget about the Pioneers.

You say to get the senheisers if i plan to put them behind my desk? Are they unable to be brought on trips and stuff? looks to me like they have a 3.5mm connector but i may be wrong. Really its now netween the Senheiser 439 and the JBL J33. 

You say to get the senheisers if i plan to put them behind my desk? Are they unable to be brought on trips and stuff? looks to me like they have a 3.5mm connector but i may be wrong. Really its now netween the Senheiser 439 and the JBL J33. 

Of course they are able to be brought on trips and stuff, although they might be a bit bulky, I only said that because I think you shouldn't get the Uptowns if you're planning to use them at your desk alot. 

Where will you mainly use them for? It might be personal preference but I don't like the idea of using IEMS for gaming etc, I use mine only when on the go. If you're planning to use mostly use them out and about, get the J33, if not, get the HD439, I would say.

THE signature

Of course they are able to be brought on trips and stuff, although they might be a bit bulky, I only said that because I think you shouldn't get the Uptowns if you're planning to use them at your desk alot. 

Where will you mainly use them for? It might be personal preference but I don't like the idea of using IEMS for gaming etc, I use mine only when on the go. If you're planning to use mostly use them out and about, get the J33, if not, get the HD439, I would say.

Right now, it would be like on the road, going on runs, and gaming. I do however, plan to buy whatever i dont get in a month because running may be difficult with headphones but everything else is better with them.

I too dislike buds for gaming. But i feel like id benefit from them say at school so i can listen to music without the bulk.

Right now, it would be like on the road, going on runs, and gaming. I do however, plan to buy whatever i dont get in a month because running may be difficult with headphones but everything else is better with them.

I too dislike buds for gaming. But i feel like id benefit from them say at school so i can listen to music without the bulk.

Exactly, I use my IEMS at school too, and going on runs is an absolute nono with headphones (with some exceptions of course). 

Now it's up to you to decide, what you think is more important....

Good luck :)

THE signature

i use the HD 202's and i really like them for a few bucks, they are great

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Exactly, I use my IEMS at school too, and going on runs is an absolute nono with headphones (with some exceptions of course). 

Now it's up to you to decide, what you think is more important....

Good luck :)

probably going to choose the headphones because ill use the headphones more often. Thank you for all your help. really appreciate it. Saved me 100 bucks.