Torn Between 2 Laptops - ASUS or Lenovo?...Or something else?

Hey guys, I picked out two Laptops I really enjoy the specs of but I can't really seem to decide on which one I really should get. I am a big time fan of ASUS, but both these Laptops have their pros and cons to them so I'd like to ask if you could all help me finalize my choice. 

The ASUS Laptop: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/15-6-touch-screen-laptop-8gb-memory-750gb-hard-drive/2991012.p?id=1219085428591&skuId=2991012&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=3

The Lenovo Laptop: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ideapad-u430-touch-ultrabook-14-touch-screen-laptop-8gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive/3292119.p?id=1219090033082&skuId=3292119&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=2

The pros of one over the other that I can see so far is that the ASUS one has a back-lit keyboard and I would love to have one (although it's not 100% necessary) while the Lenovo one doesn't. The ASUS one also has more HDD space and a bigger screen. It also apparently has some weird built in hand resting system. 

However, the Lenovo one has a bigger battery life, a hybrid HDD/SSD combo (the problem with that is that the SSD is REALLY small, at least the OS is on it), and finally it's lighter, but that's only because the screen is smaller (and technically it's sort of a con but that does make it easier to carry, however I enjoy medium sized screens in the 15 inch area anyways).

If you have ANY recommendations at the same price points with similar features feel free to post them below and I'll take a look at them (I'd really prefer it if it was from any of the BestBuy's located in Buffalo, NY so I can drive over there to immediately pick it up) however if you have a really great recommendation and I can't pick it up at the store, then I might buy it online. 

I would get Lenovo because I don't think 15,6 inch notebooks are comfortable to carry around all day.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I would get Lenovo because I don't think 15,6 inch notebooks are comfortable to carry around all day.

I'd honestly probably put it in my bookbag or I'd have a nice carrying case for it anyways. I'm not going to be walking around with it a TON. Just every now and then.

ive never had the privilege to own an Asus laptop

but  i know for a fact that they are solid  product above the rest (dell HP crap )

but i also own and bought Lenovo laptops

and they are amazingly built everywhere from their Cheap G series to their T series

if you want a sure thing then go with the Lenovo 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

ive never had the privilege to own an Asus laptop

but  i know for a fact that they are solid  product above the rest (dell HP crap )

but i also own and bought Lenovo laptops

and they are amazingly built everywhere from their Cheap G series to their T series

if you want a sure thing then go with the Lenovo

I'm pretty sure it's ASUS vs Lenovo vs Toshiba vs Alienware (even though they suck) vs HP (again Bleh) vs Apple in terms of Laptops.

get the lenovo laptop its smaller and should be more convenient when you have to put it on a table and can get you through the day w/o any problems the asus laptop probs drains the battery in seconds ;p

hellooooooooo

I'm pretty sure it's ASUS vs Lenovo vs Toshiba vs Alienware (even though they suck) vs HP (again Bleh) vs Apple in terms of Laptops.

Toshiba has been crap since 2010 even their Tecra laptops

ive tried a lot of toshiba laptops even samsung now seems to be better than Toshiba

its sad really

how about you go to a bestbay and actually try the laptop out

hold it see how heavy it is how rigid it is etc

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i should quote myself from a earlier post, Build a desktop, buy 2 straps and a pile of powerbanks, and as Osmium said, a Oculus rift :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Toshiba has been crap since 2010 even their Tecra laptops

ive tried a lot of toshiba laptops even samsung now seems to be better than Toshiba

its sad really

how about you go to a bestbay and actually try the laptop out

hold it see how heavy it is how rigid it is etc

I did earlier when I was checking all the laptops out, they both weren't heavy at all.

i should quote myself from a earlier post, Build a desktop, buy 2 straps and a pile of powerbanks, and as Osmium said, a Oculus rift :)

The laptop is obviously for college. Otherwise I wouldnt really be getting it and this money would go into PC upgrades.

The laptop is obviously for college. Otherwise I wouldnt really be getting it and this money would go into PC upgrades.

a desktop is still better and as i mentioned get 2 straps to carry and a oculus rift for a monitor, will be the best portable computer right there 

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

get the lenovo laptop its smaller and should be more convenient when you have to put it on a table and can get you through the day w/o any problems the asus laptop probs drains the battery in seconds ;p

The ASUS one is literally like 1 pound heavier. Also I'm pretty confident the reason the battery life is smaller in the first place is because of the keyboard, bigger and higher screen resolution.

I picked "Get what I recommended." I recommend nothing as I don't know enough about laptops.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

a desktop is still better and as i mentioned get 2 straps to carry and a oculus rift for a monitor, will be the best portable computer right there

Obviously. Also too bad that thing is expensive.

Ok I lied and could have been of help but didn't feel like helping at the time. Now moving away from being like that I would say only consider the laptop with IPS screen out of these two. There have to be other

options out there that are a better deal too. Look further into options.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Ok I lied and could have been of help but didn't feel like helping at the time. Now moving away from being like that I would say only consider the laptop with IPS screen out of these two. There have to be other

options out there that are a better deal too. Look further into options.

Looked around a tad, didn't really like the other choices.