PC Hangs a lot.

I have a dell Laptop.It was in the shop for a while and just came home. I just installed windows 8 and there is nothing else in the hard drive. I have noticed that it hangs a lot. Some of the applications load up just fine but some like task manager and Chrome sometimes take a lot of time to load and everything just gets unresponsive. Also there is some stuff that i downloaded and want to transfer it to my external hard drive but that is also not happening, it just gets stuck at 10% every time. I suspect there is problem with the hard drive but i don't exactly know what it is. I would really appreciate some help.

run a smart test

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

I have a dell Laptop.It was in the shop for a while and just came home. I just installed windows 8 and there is nothing else in the hard drive. I have noticed that it hangs a lot. Some of the applications load up just fine but some like task manager and Chrome sometimes take a lot of time to load and everything just gets unresponsive. Also there is some stuff that i downloaded and want to transfer it to my external hard drive but that is also not happening, it just gets stuck at 10% every time. I suspect there is problem with the hard drive but i don't exactly know what it is. I would really appreciate some help.

If things are hanging and not transfering the first thing you should be checking is your memory. Go to http://www.memtest.org/#downiso and download the second option Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip) burn the iso to a cd, dvd etc.

Open up the bottom of the laptop and remove on of the memory sticks so you can test each stick individually. If for some reason it only has one stick then obviously leave it there.

Boot from the disc you burned and follow the instruction when you boot to the disc (they are very simple) and let it run for multiple passes. If you receive any errors what so ever then you have a bad memory stick and you'll have to contact Dell for a replacement.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help any way I can.