1080p or 1440p Gaming Monitor

JohnnyChan

its a va panel not ips

Edit: Oh it'S no correct in the specs. I migth be totally wrong but everywhere else they say it's IPS. Also this 

• Acer WQHD display uses IPS technology panel, supporting images with prime colors in every angle.
  • Acer display with IPS Technology delivers consistent and accurate colors at viewing angles up to 178 degrees. is in the description. 

1080p

Pros:

1. Cheaper

2. More monitor sizes

3. Has different monitor panel technologies(TN, VA, IPS etc)

4. Can range from cheap basic monitors to ones with speakers, USB3.0 Hubs and other bells and whistles.

5. Can be used with Single-link DVI or HDMI

6. Basically the standard now

7. Not a lot of horsepower needed to run modern games

Cons:

1. 27" or higher 1080p monitors looks very pixelated

2. 1080p monitors for usually lower end monitors and don't offer much bells and whistles

3. Not much options for high end 1080p monitors

1440p

Pros:

1. The higher resolution make 27" 1440p monitors looks sharper and crisper than 27" 1080p

2. Usually offered with lots of bells and whistles

3. Can be up to 30"

4. Usually high quality and made well 

5. Only IPS and PLS(TN not feasible with bigger monitors)

Cons:

1. More expensive

2. More horsepower needed to run games at this resolution

3. Only from 27" and up

4. More desk space needed to put monitor

5. Fonts will be smaller and more difficult to read than 1080p.

6. Need Displayport or dual-link DVI, HDMI is not able to output 60hz 1440p at this point in time.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Korean monitors use the same pls panels that Samsung uses. Which is also what Asus uses for this. 

http://www.amazon.com/PB278Q-27-Inch-LED-lit-Professional-Graphics/dp/B009C3M7H0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395288132&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+1440p+monitor

That's not a 96hz monitor.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Get a 1440P monitor.

I can recommend the PB278Q highly.

As can I. I love mine!  :wub:

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

Edit: Oh it'S no correct in the specs. I migth be totally wrong but everywhere else they say it's IPS. Also this 

• Acer WQHD display uses IPS technology panel, supporting images with prime colors in every angle.
  • Acer display with IPS Technology delivers consistent and accurate colors at viewing angles up to 178 degrees. is in the description. 

it says right in the title its ahva as well as the specifications, probably fine its just not an ips

it says right in the title its ahva as well as the specifications, probably fine its just not an ips

Cause newegg is a fucked up mess lol. Google it. IPS.  

Get a Korean 1440p monitor. Best of both worlds. 

Im gonna use BenQ or ASUS. No Korean monitor.

We'd need to know what graphics hardware you were running in order to properly asses whether or not you'd actually be able to drive a 1440p panel. 

Currently running 780ti. sli in the future

Korean 1440p is trash

Great another guy who has never even seen a korean monitor yet alone a girl..But he jumps on bandwagon cause he hasn't learned to be a leader yet..Follow the herd bud haha

Please don't get a 27" 1080p monitor. 22"-24" is good for 1080p and 1440p is best for 27".

Any specific reason?

Any specific reason?

1080p on a 27" looks quite pixelated.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

1080p on a 27" looks quite pixelated.

I agree with this..I bought a 27in Asus TN  and a month  later i bought a Korean 1440p.I sit to close to screen and i could see the pixels for sure..

I agree with this..I bought a 27in Asus TN  and a month  later i bought a Korean 1440p.I sit to close to screen and i could see the pixels for sure..

Yeah, I sit about 2 - 2.5 feet away from my monitor and the difference was amazing when I went from 1080p to 1440p.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

So would u guys recommend me to get a 27" 1080p?

Great another guy who has never even seen a korean monitor yet alone a girl..But he jumps on bandwagon cause he hasn't learned to be a leader yet..Follow the herd bud haha

Yet alone a girl? What?

So would u guys recommend me to get a 27" 1080p?

If you sit not right near it and don't have the gpu,/money for a 1440p then sure. Or spend a little (not much) more for Korean 1440p

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

To be honest I'm leaving 1080P when 4K is common and supported by consoles.