I recently got a new PC

Case: Pure Base 500DX

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

MB: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

GPU: MSI RTX 2080 super Trio

2 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB + 1TB Crucial MX500

RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ

And... well my fuck up it seems PSU: CX750 Rev.2

After hitting on many People saying this PSU brought alot of issues, i panicked a little. Should i instantly remove it and get something else like a BQ Straight Power11 with 750 Watt? Added to this i never removed a PSU or anything. To my understanding i only have to plug 5 Cables: 1 Motherboard 24pin which comes into both MB's slots on the BQ PSU (20+4 pins of the other MB slot? is this correct?) The CPU into the P4/P8 slot, one for my SSD which is obvious, and then 2 cables 8 pin from PCle1 and 3 into my GPU. And thats it right?

Is there anything else i have to keep in mind? I seriously dont want to fuck up the system. Any help would be really appreciated. I feel lost with this all and after hours of researching my head wants to say goodbye.

Is it the green or gray label CX750?

The green label version had over-temperature errors that could cause problems, but the gray version is quite good.

If it was a gray label you were probably fine. I have a CX650M and it's worked great for me thus far. There isn't much better you could get for the price anyway.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

putting your problem in the title would help tho

6 minutes ago, Lupus115 said:

After hitting on many People saying this PSU brought alot of issues, i panicked a little. Should i instantly remove it and get something else like a BQ Straight Power11 with 750 Watt?

is it gray or green label?

Its the gray one, still i read about people having their system being killed by it.

So i feel pretty uncertain about this all to be honest

No reason to change it.

7 minutes ago, Lupus115 said:

Its the gray one, still i read about people having their system being killed by it.

Link?

7 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

Is it the green or gray label CX750?

The green label version had over-temperature errors that could cause problems, but the gray version is quite good.

The 750W?  

Got a link?

The difference is the green is double forward and the new one is LLC.  There's no "one overheats and one doesn't" that I know of.

15 minutes ago, Lupus115 said:

And... well my fuck up it seems PSU: CX750 Rev.2

There is no "rev 2", unless you mean the gray label vs. green label.

4 minutes ago, Lupus115 said:

I haven't...  And I work for Corsair.  Do you have links?

5 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

The difference is the green is double forward and the new one is LLC.  There's no "one overheats and one doesn't" that I know of.

I'd thought there were issues where the over-temp protection was set too low and it was tripping in normal usage causing shutdowns.

2 hours ago, Grabhanem said:

I'd thought there were issues where the over-temp protection was set too low and it was tripping in normal usage causing shutdowns.

Never heard of that.

Now, the original RM had that problem.  OTP would trip before zero-RPM fan mode switched off.  HardOCP found that in their review.  Turned out to be thermistor placement and it was fixed shortly after the review went live.

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Never heard of that.

Now, the original RM had that problem.  OTP would trip before zero-RPM fan mode switched off.  HardOCP found that in their review.  Turned out to be thermistor placement and it was fixed shortly after the review went live.

This is where I heard about it --

https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/03/02/corsair-cx750m-750w-power-supply/

2 hours ago, Grabhanem said:

Ok.  So, that's a CX750M, not a CX750.  And it stopped running when pushed at full load when intake temps were at 42°C when the PSU is rated at 40°C.

So.. moral of the story is that context is everything. 

Example: If a PSU has high ripple at 110% load, you don't go telling people that the PSU has "too high ripple".

9 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Ok.  So, that's a CX750M, not a CX750.  And it stopped running when pushed at full load when intake temps were at 42°C when the PSU is rated at 40°C.

So.. moral of the story is that context is everything. 

Example: If a PSU has high ripple at 110% load, you don't go telling people that the PSU has "too high ripple".

Elsewhere on the net, there was quite the hullabaloo over this platform when a certain website tested the non-modular version of this unit and it ended up not doing so well.

Guys, this thing is only rated to full power at thirty degrees. I’ve spoken about this kind of thing before, but not for a while, so here’s my position on this: I have no use for anything that can’t do full power at forty degrees or better, and I review these units accordingly. Computer cases routinely see temperatures higher than thirty at the power supply intake, and this becomes more and more of an issue the further south you live, depending on whether or not you’re buying this budget unit so you can afford to run the AC.

A lot of parts of the world routinely see ambient temperatures above 30C.

Power supplies are important enough that I see it as a serious problem if they'll be outside of spec in normal use. The review mentions fan death on a similar Corsair unit: a dying fan could easily boost temperatures up a significant amount.

1 hour ago, Grabhanem said:

A lot of parts of the world routinely see ambient temperatures above 30C.

I don't know who your second and third quote are.  Links help.  It doesn't seem to be from the JG review you linked earlier.

1st quote:  There is no "non-modular version" of the CX750M.  There was only one version of the CX750, and its a completely different platform than any CX750M.

2nd quote:  The 1st version of the CX750M was rated at 30°C.  That's from 2012.  The second version, CP-9020061, which is the one in the review you linked earlier, is rated at 40°C.

The de-rating curve happens at FULL LOAD.   Meaning that a 750W can't do 750W at over 30°C.  That doesn't mean the PSU cannot operate at over 30°C.  The actual operating temperature range of that PSU, like most PSUs, is up to 50°C.

So...  I think you're still trying to make a point?  But if you use incorrect information, that point is lost.

1 hour ago, Grabhanem said:

The review mentions fan death on a similar Corsair unit: a dying fan could easily boost temperatures up a significant amount.

Again, link?

Not saying that fans don't die prematurely, but it happens SO infrequently.  Guy "hears" about one fan dying and assumes that they die in a high percentage?  Even the cheapest PSU fans are still better quality than most case fans.  And how many case fans have you had die?

6 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

I don't know who your second and third quote are.  Links help.  It doesn't seem to be from the JG review you linked earlier.

1st quote:  There is no "non-modular version" of the CX750M.  There was only one version of the CX750, and its a completely different platform than any CX750M.

2nd quote:  The 1st version of the CX750M was rated at 30°C.  That's from 2012.  The second version, CP-9020061, which is the one in the review you linked earlier, is rated at 40°C.

The de-rating curve happens at FULL LOAD.   Meaning that a 750W can't do 750W at over 30°C.  That doesn't mean the PSU cannot operate at over 30°C.  The actual operating temperature range of that PSU, like most PSUs, is up to 50°C.

So...  I think you're still trying to make a point?  But if you use incorrect information, that point is lost.

Again, link?

Not saying that fans don't die prematurely, but it happens SO infrequently.  Guy "hears" about one fan dying and assumes that they die in a high percentage?  Even the cheapest PSU fans are still better quality than most case fans.  And how many case fans have you had die?

All quotes are from the JG review of the original CX750M, including the discussion of fan longevity.

https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/03/02/corsair-cx750m-750w-power-supply/

Ok.  I see the 30°C statement on the second page. Jeremy was incorrect.  That particular unit is rated at 40°C.  And he did get it to run over 40°C, but only for 5 minutes.

The fan comment was "second hand information" for Jeremy with no context or source cited.  To which he simply answers with:  "Me being the curiously insane type of humanoid, I’m especially anxious to see how this one does for me when I test it."

I'm not aware of a fan dying in a review sample anywhere, but if you have a link to that, I'd love to see it.  Again:  The odds of that are < .01%.  That would be REALLY BAD LUCK to have a fan die prematurely in a PSU.