Laptop, white screening

So my laptops screen has started to fade to white, but in certain positions it's fine and works normally. Guessing it's the cable? If anyone has encountered this problem before and can confirm, would appreciate also some pointers for what the cable is that does this is called would be great

Also the colours on the right hand sight get distorted and form a green and purple mountain looking ridge at the beginning of the fade, not sure of relevance but yeah :) 

Thank you! 😀

16014829840075430403891263515542.jpg

Cable or display power inverter or gpu. Depends on what you have. On older macbooks it was the inverter first that later killed the lcd as well or part of it. If it's working in some position and not in others I'd look at the cable. Maybe a damaged wire or a loose connector. If you have warranty I'd use it.

8 minutes ago, DoesItSeemLaggy said:

So my laptops screen has started to fade to white, but in certain positions it's fine and works normally.

sounds like a polarizing film issue? im not too into panel's construction though, just a guess

by position, you mean user position or panel's position?

if it's panel's position then it's probably the connector on the laptop's motherboard or the cable yes

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Cable or display power inverter or gpu. Depends on what you have. On older macbooks it was the inverter first that later killed the lcd as well or part of it. If it's working in some position and not in others I'd look at the cable. Maybe a damaged wire or a loose connector. If you have warranty I'd use it.

It's a dsll inspiron 15 5577, but screen works in some positions so I'll go with getting s new cable and work from there, sadly it's a few years out of warranty

Thank you for the help 😀

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

sounds like a polarizing film issue? im not too into panel's construction though, just a guess

by position, you mean user position or panel's position?

if it's panel's position then it's probably the connector on the laptop's motherboard or the cable yes

I mean panel position, but if I shift with it on my lap it starts to fade then I have to find a sweet spot where it doesnt fade and hold still as a statue 😂 and thanks, I'll start with checking the cable connection and getting a new cable

Thank you for the help 🙂