Budget Purchase - used RTX 2070 super or wait for RTX 3060

Zoez

Hello there :)

It is time for me to retire my R9 380 and get a new GPU.

A used RTX 2070 super goes for around 330€ - 380€ (which is around my budget) in my Area and the main reason i would buy it, is the release of Cyberpunk and my Fan heart Crushing after the required Specs got released.

If i were able to suppress my suffering and not play it on release i could also go for the RTX 3060, as i have heard rumors of a pricing at around 350€.

Now what would you get? and why would you? 

Thanks for any advise or answer!

14 minutes ago, Zoez said:

Hello there :)

It is time for me to retire my R9 380 and get a new GPU.

A used RTX 2070 super goes for around 330€ - 380€ (which is around my budget) in my Area and the main reason i would buy it, is the release of Cyberpunk and my Fan heart Crushing after the required Specs got released.

If i were able to suppress my suffering and not play it on release i could also go for the RTX 3060, as i have heard rumors of a pricing at around 350€.

Now what would you get? and why would you? 

Thanks for any advise or answer!

The way GPUs r getting sold out u can get a 3060 probably after this year only,

if u are in real urgent to buy one stick to 2070

You can expect the 3060 will be sold out at least 1 month after relese, just like it is right now (and for the next weeks at least) with the 3080/3090. So the 3060 is still months away from being obtainable. If you really want to play Cyberpunk, a 2070 Super seems like a good choice for the most part. But as always if you can wait, then do so.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I'd wait, Cyberpunk won't be released until November. I wouldn't be surprised if new GPUs would be bundled with it, plus by that time AMD should have released their cards so who knows what the market will look like. If you're upgrading for 2077 it doesn't make sense to buy now.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B