Could not update windows

T0MMEN

Ive tried changing my DNS from 1.1.1.1 / 8.8.8.8 and my router

I cant update windows - i get this error : image.png.0c70dbff6ccf6bd8e613d370d2585fb5.png

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

Revert any changes you made using 3rd party tools that suppose to be made for a) controlling updates, b) increasing privacy level, c) "speed up" your system, d) disabling "unnecessary" services.

6 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Revert any changes you made using 3rd party tools that suppose to be made for a) controlling updates, b) increasing privacy level, c) "speed up" your system, d) disabling "unnecessary" services.

I have not installed any software of that kind.

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

11 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Then run update troubleshooter.

Update troubleshooter could not find any problems

One more. Check if DNS server service is set to automatic. If not - change it, reboot and try again.

46 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

One more. Check if DNS server service is set to automatic. If not - change it, reboot and try again.

Like i said in the post, ive tried 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 and router dns

check for warnings/errors in event viewer > windows log > system, or filter by windows update client. 

8 hours ago, T0MMEN said:

Like i said in the post, ive tried 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 and router dns

I'm taking about services, not settings.

I found once a problem with 2004 version of Windows that was related to that changed service startup type and Windows Update also depends on this service (because other services needed for it have dns client service in dependiences).

17 hours ago, homeap5 said:

I'm taking about services, not settings.

I found once a problem with 2004 version of Windows that was related to that changed service startup type and Windows Update also depends on this service (because other services needed for it have dns client service in dependiences).

image.png.ea3390e3b62ee4f3d613f328a67c897a.png

You mean this? What should i change it too?

Edit: I cant change it

Is running so it's ok. Then I give up.

It's probably lot of things you can try, but maybe in this case using some 3rd party fix tool will be good.

Try this one: link

but remember - UNCHECK everything but Windows Update.

This may looks not like good advice, but last time I spend 4 hours to fix very strange problem with Windows UWP applications and even repair install can't help and this tool fix the problem (after few my own fixes too, but still...).

10 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Is running so it's ok. Then I give up.

It's probably lot of things you can try, but maybe in this case using some 3rd party fix tool will be good.

Try this one: link

but remember - UNCHECK everything but Windows Update.

This may looks not like good advice, but last time I spend 4 hours to fix very strange problem with Windows UWP applications and even repair install can't help and this tool fix the problem (after few my own fixes too, but still...).

Oof that seems sketchy

1 hour ago, T0MMEN said:

Oof that seems sketchy

Your choice. What worst may happens? World collapse?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 8:44 PM, homeap5 said:

Your choice. What worst may happens? World collapse?

I just tried this program and ran the windows update repair, restarted. But still, same result, windows encountered an error