Is this a defect? (Laptop Trackpad) HELP needed!

LazyLand

Hi guys,
So. I just got my laptop, it's a flex 5 14. 
Now - my main problem with the laptop is the trackpad. It's - how do I explain it? When I move my finger on it, depending on where and on the movement itself the trackpad is very - jumpy? instead of being smooth and honestly - work, it's making my finger do little jumps on it, as if it's made out of the worst ever material to build a trackpad from.. It feels like it on purpose made from a material which makes it almost unusable. 
The weird thing is, I can't find anyone telling about a similar problem to mine, and it's something I'm having a really hard time explaining, the only way to really understand is to try it yourself. My dad shouts at me that I'm never happy with what I get and the trackpad is perfectly fine, and I say, well. Maybe? Tried his laptop's trackpad for a moment and I was not wrong. It is SO MUCH BETTER EVEN even though my laptop should have a much higher quality trackpad. It feels like heaven with a normal trackpad suddenly.

Also, I just discovered all the different functionalities like 2 finger scrolling, it's super cool but I honestly can't really use it with this trackpad. I hate this defect because I don't even know if it's a defect, the trackpad looks and clicks normally, and it feels as if the problem is my finger.

Although a video does not show it very well, if you had a problem like this, you would probably understand me. I would love if someone told me the name of this defect because it is still a mystery for me. 

Listen with sound.. It sounds like the trackpad is bad but it's actually my finger doing those sounds.
It does not show it well, It's just not, but the video is probably better than nothing. Just listen with sound. I Really need to get the name of this because I feel like I'm alone in the world with the defect 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Lenovo/comments/iyw4qf/help_is_that_a_defect/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

So you’re saying it’s actually the material OF THE TRACKPAD SURFACE rather than the electronics or touch sensitivity that has a problem?  Old adhesive on it maybe? 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Could be oily fingers being the culprit here. Have you tried having clean grease-free fingers? I notice this on some tablets we have here and its OK after washing my hands until they go oily again.

When you said jumpy I thought its the sensitivity but no, your fingers are like skipping over due to the friction.

18 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So you’re saying it’s actually the material OF THE TRACKPAD SURFACE rather than the electronics or touch sensitivity that has a problem?  Old adhesive on it maybe? 

First off sorry for replying late.
Yes.
I'm very sad since it's the same when its turned off. So, physical. That is also the weird thing. I can't understand how does this defect happen. It's like has to be the material but then it means it's all of the laptops manufactured but It's clearly not. 
Old adhesive? No.. It's brand new. I don't think so.

I'm hoping a skin would make it a little better. but I donno anymore. 

18 hours ago, TotallyNotGigabit said:

Could be oily fingers being the culprit here. Have you tried having clean grease-free fingers? I notice this on some tablets we have here and its OK after washing my hands until they go oily again.

When you said jumpy I thought its the sensitivity but no, your fingers are like skipping over due to the friction.

First off sorry for replying late.

I will try, But I doubt it will change anything. You see, It works perfectly fine on other laptops. Just tried once again. IT FEELS SO SMOOTH MY DAD OLD PLASTIC LAPTOP'S TRACKPAD.

It's not my finger, It's the trackpad. (Unless only my trackpad is "Sensitive" To oily fingers, but honestly.. I doubt A lot.)

This isn’t a defect, it’s dirt.  Wipe the trackpad and your fingers down with an alcohol pad. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

This isn’t a defect, it’s dirt.  Wipe the trackpad and your fingers down with an alcohol pad. 

But - it's brand new.. It's clean as heck. In the video that are some fingerprints but not anymore..

11 minutes ago, LazyLand said:

But - it's brand new.. It's clean as heck. In the video that are some fingerprints but not anymore..

New things can have stickers on them.  This sounds like adhesive residue