Multiple download threads

stefanmz
Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,

No, i don't think bigger chunks would make any difference. But you can try.

Smaller chunk is less prone to error.

I think they can handle 75mbps from anywhere (unless they cap it on busy hours).

Hey, a new question just popped up. So I am downloading files from AWS Glacier using FastGlacier and it downloads larger files in multiple parallel threads size 16 MB(I am guessing that means it's downloading them in multiple chunks of 16 MB simultaneously)? So I was wondering if I increase that size to 32 or even more like 128 or 256 MB will it download files faster or will that slow it down since it's bigger filesize downloaded at once?

Depends on if each thread can handle that and mostly how fast your internet is. Faster internet without a thread bottleneck yes but honestly I kinda doubt it. I would look at your download speed vs your internet speed that would be a good tell.

Well I have about 75 Mbps download speed from the provider and 50 to 60 upload I think. (I ran a speedtest today and my downloads were around 70 and uploads 55-60). And also I am in Europe not in the US if that matters(since you know I know that a speed that is slow in the US might be faster here because less traffic) although I doubt this would have any effect on multithreading ,or would it?

No, i don't think bigger chunks would make any difference. But you can try.

Smaller chunk is less prone to error.

I think they can handle 75mbps from anywhere (unless they cap it on busy hours).

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w