Weird Pump Noise from Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 280mm Premium Edition AIO

Icebobk

hello people,

i am new so don't judge me...

i bought a custom built pc from a shop in Australia back in July 2019. It has RTX 2070, i7-8700k and this Thermaltake aio cooler. i had problems with it once and that being there was a constant loud buzz but i fixed that by turning down the pump speed in bios and i cannot hear it. i also noticed when ever u turn on my pc the pump makes a pulsing squeeking sound. but recently it is happening all the time, it occurs about every 10 seconds, i dont know if this is normal. i feel like its the noise of the pump pumping water. but i can't hear crunching or water gurgles. my aio has always been top mounted if u needed to know, also my cpu is running at 4.69 ghz. it is kinda the sound of a coil whine but like pulses. is this normal? thankyou in advance!

10 minutes ago, Icebobk said:

hello people,

i am new so don't judge me...

i bought a custom built pc from a shop in Australia back in July 2019. It has RTX 2070, i7-8700k and this Thermaltake aio cooler. i had problems with it once and that being there was a constant loud buzz but i fixed that by turning down the pump speed in bios and i cannot hear it. i also noticed when ever u turn on my pc the pump makes a pulsing squeeking sound. but recently it is happening all the time, it occurs about every 10 seconds, i dont know if this is normal. i feel like its the noise of the pump pumping water. but i can't hear crunching or water gurgles. my aio has always been top mounted if u needed to know, also my cpu is running at 4.69 ghz. it is kinda the sound of a coil whine but like pulses. is this normal? thankyou in advance!

Welcome to the forums!

Maybe a photo of your system could help us help you a bit easier.

Have a look at this noise below to listen to the effect of air in the pump and see if it matches anything. Notice that it takes quite some vigorous shaking to return the pump to its original quiet state.

thanks for the reply,

it does not sound like that at all, sounds electronicy if that makes sense. sounds like the pump is pumping liquid or something. it sounds like a coil wine but it isnt continuous at all. just starts and stops for 1 second, then 10 seconds later is starts again and so on. 

also in this picture there isn-t a RTX 2070, it is a GTX 760, i sold my RTX 2070 to get RTX 3070.

IMG_20200925_230445404.jpg

27 minutes ago, Icebobk said:

thanks for the reply,

it does not sound like that at all, sounds electronicy if that makes sense. sounds like the pump is pumping liquid or something. it sounds like a coil wine but it isnt continuous at all. just starts and stops for 1 second, then 10 seconds later is starts again and so on. 

also in this picture there isn-t a RTX 2070, it is a GTX 760, i sold my RTX 2070 to get RTX 3070.

Perhaps its just an air bubble, maybe try rocking your case back and forth while its on to see if you can dislodge it and make it stay in the radiator.

moved my case around alot and still hear the sounds

17 minutes ago, Icebobk said:

moved my case around alot and still hear the sounds

Can you take a good video with sound and upload it.

the high pitch squeek u here is what i am having trouble with, i can here it when case is closed. don't mind that deep buzz u here, thats just the fan and i cannot hear those, just that high pitch, i am 99% sure its coming from the Pump

3 hours ago, Icebobk said:

the high pitch squeek u here is what i am having trouble with, i can here it when case is closed. don't mind that deep buzz u here, thats just the fan and i cannot hear those, just that high pitch, i am 99% sure its coming from the Pump

Is it the loud sound between the 2nd and 3rd second (also 11th and 12th second)? Hard to tell, could you turn off all the fans and take another recording?

ill go into bios and set the pump spead to a steady %60 and see if i can still hear it, ill also turn off fans and record again

ok so i unplugged my fans and recorded the sounds, their is a noisy gpu fan but i put some text to show u what sounds are the pump. it is the highest pitch noise, it isn't continuous as i said. also a pic of the other side of the pc.

120260925_334979304488239_2491444152818930220_n.jpg.56462b6e43e609c09203768739a9d2ee.jpg

25 minutes ago, Icebobk said:

ok so i unplugged my fans and recorded the sounds, their is a noisy gpu fan but i put some text to show u what sounds are the pump. it is the highest pitch noise, it isn't continuous as i said. also a pic of the other side of the pc.

I must say its not really like anything I normally associate with pump noise. Is this with fixed speed at 60%? Normally with AIO pumps, I do recommend a constant 100% (12 V) as they aren't so powerful in the first place, and maybe the sound is from struggling to overcome somekind of obstruction. If that doesn't resolve it, then I'm afraid I would have to refer you to your manufacture RMA team as they will probably just replace the whole thing.

when i do %100 it makes a very loud buzz and is very annoying and i can hear it through my headset

5 minutes ago, Icebobk said:

when i do %100 it makes a very loud buzz and is very annoying and i can hear it through my headset

I think that's a clear sign that there is something serious wrong with the pump and you should seek immediate help from the manufacturer/retailer.

i got the pc built at centrecom, ill ask them if they can help me out with the AIO pump

1 minute ago, Icebobk said:

i got the pc built at centrecom, ill ask them if they can help me out with the AIO pump

Good luck, just don’t let them bullshit you into “oh yeah, when it’s full speed it’ll make some noise” because it should be very quiet at full speed. Also for future reference if you don’t quote or mention a person they don’t get notified, So it’s recommended you do so,

• 2 weeks later...

@For Science!

i was just about pull out my AIO pump after one more gaming session and the squeeky noise is gone! idk why but it is gone, it still makes a buzz at 100% but i put it down a bit so it is silent and temps are normal.