Low gpu usage cause low fps in all games (Gtx 1070)

sunsun12

Hey guys, I have a powerful pc, nvidia GeForce gtx 1070 video card and lately I have noticed that the performance in games is very low and I get a low FPS and I tried to understand why ... After a few days I realized the problem, I noticed that in games my gpu usage is between 20-40 and not above and that is what makes FPS just awful and very low performance. I tried every way to fix this problem without succsess. I am so upset with this i really need your help.. If you can please help me upload the gpu usage and solve my problem I'll greatful.

System specs:

cpu: intel core i7-7700k 4.20ghz

ram: crucial 16gb ram

gpu: evga nvidia geforce gtx 1070

mb: asus prime z270

storage: st2000dm006-2dm164

Weird, I was just talking with a work colleague and he is having almost the exact same issues. His 1070 is only working around 25% in games like Modern Warfare. He has a 7700 non k and 16GB of RAM. I almost thought you might be him if it wasn't for the fact you have a K sku.

I'll be interested to see if you get to the bottom of this and what the cause actually is.

57 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Which power supply are you using?

What have you tried so far?

My power supply is: seasonic ss520gb

So far i have tried: reboot my pc for 2 times, uninstall all my graphic drivers and reinstall, disable HPET, update my bios, reinstall windows, overclock my gpu, add the games to the graphics performance performance, changed the power plan to high performance, Set power management mode in NVidia control panel to 'Prefer Maximum Performance', ensure VSync is off in-game and in your NVidia control panel. maybe i forgot something but this is what i remember doing and nothing helped:{

10 hours ago, Bad5ector said:

Weird, I was just talking with a work colleague and he is having almost the exact same issues. His 1070 is only working around 25% in games like Modern Warfare. He has a 7700 non k and 16GB of RAM. I almost thought you might be him if it wasn't for the fact you have a K sku.

I'll be interested to see if you get to the bottom of this and what the cause actually is.

My Power supply is: seasonic ss520gb

So far i have tried: reboot my pc for 2 times, uninstall all my graphic drivers and reinstall, disable HPET, update my bios, reinstall windows, overclock my gpu, add the games to the graphics performance performance, changed the power plan to high performance, Set power management mode in NVidia control panel to 'Prefer Maximum Performance', ensure VSync is off in-game and in your NVidia control panel. maybe i forgot something but this is what i remember doing and nothing helped:{

You should try a CMOS reset and also put the graphics card in a different PCI-e slot if possible.

If that doesn't help, try a different power supply.

What have you changed recently?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

53 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

have you been monitoring gpu and cpu temperatures? maybe one of them is throttling

Yes, there is no problem with the temp

• 1 month later...

i have the same problem with my 1070 as well.

maybe its just the power supply, i'll try to swap it asap