Are receivers still worth it?

TheJuanEstevez

I currently have a Samsung 55NU7400 that I won through work a year ago and I bought a Samsung HW-MS650 sound bar to go with it.

I have run into the issue of not having enough HDMI ports on the TV (It only has 3) and I have to constantly unplug and plug things back in. 

I know a receiver can potentially solve this problem but I want to avoid creating a convoluted multi-remote nightmare.

Are there any suggestions of how to create a nice streamlined system with lots of HDMI ports?

18 minutes ago, TheJuanEstevez said:

I currently have a Samsung 55NU7400 that I won through work a year ago and I bought a Samsung HW-MS650 sound bar to go with it.

I have run into the issue of not having enough HDMI ports on the TV (It only has 3) and I have to constantly unplug and plug things back in. 

I know a receiver can potentially solve this problem but I want to avoid creating a convoluted multi-remote nightmare.

Are there any suggestions of how to create a nice streamlined system with lots of HDMI ports?

A simple solution would be an HDMI switch. I have a similiar model of samsung TV and use splitters for my HDMI ports.