Samsung 860 Evo vs 860 Pro write life

graberweg

For the past several months I've been hanging onto this old 2 TB SATA mechanical hard drive that I'm finally ready to let go of and switch to an SSD. It's primary use will just be as a secondary drive to hold photos and video. What I'm stuck on is the Samsung 860 Evo 2TB has a rated write life of 1200 TBW for about $279 which sounds ok to me pricewise. The Samsung 860 Pro 2TB however is rated at 2400 TBW but costs $469(!!!). Is the extra money even worth buying a 860 Pro or would the average user not come close to the end of write life for a 1200 TBW drive? My current boot drive is a Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 with a write life of 3600 TBW and costs less 860 pro but I'm hesitating buying a second NVMe drive because it would sit directly beneath my graphics card which is blowing heat 12 to 15 hours a day because I'm running Folding @ Home almost everyday of the week. I guess my ultimate question is, how much TBW write life is considered to be too little versus overkill? I just have my NVMe drive as a reference point to compare to and I don't swap out my computer hardware very often so I intend to install the SSD and leave it there for the foreseeable future (next 5 to 8 years?).