Anyone got info on HDMI 2.1 specs of 3000 series? 48Gbps out? VRR, ALLM, QMS & QFT etc.

Jake13942

Hi, I'm looking for more info on Nvidia's implementation of HDMI 2.1 on their 30 series. None of the reviews mentioned HDMI 2.1 specs on the 3080 reviews including @LinusTech & @Anthony. There are reddit posts people having flickering with 3080 on LG C9 at 4K120hz. Since HDMI consortium doesn't make it necessary for OEMs to pack all HDMI 2.1 features in their device. OEMs can pack any select feature and be qualified to slap HDMI 2.1 badge on their device. And the fact that Nvidia held out VRR in 20 series also over their propriety G-Sync, would be interesting if 30 series HDMI 2.1 supports VRR in addition to G-Sync and most importantly ALLM, QMS & QFT etc.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Thank you @Stahlmann , now lets hope its full specced on the features side as well, would have been interesting if LTT ran 3080 on thier LG C9 and tested the new ALLM, QFT & QMS features if it has and also 4K120hz, at lower graphic settings of course. BTW seeing those 4K benchmarks of LTT's 3080 review, unlike Nvidia's claim of 3080 being 4K60 card, on FS2020 it got 41 FPS and on Metro Exodus it got 35 FPS on average with 99% min being even lower than this. I'm waiting for more reviews and in-depth analysis before I pull the trigger and sell my 2080ti, pre-orders & stocks are already a mess anyways.

Also,

The 2019 C9 has full 48Gbps ports capable of 4K 120Hz 4:4:4 12-bit.

The 2020 CX only has 40Gbps ports capable of 4K 120K 4:4:4 10-bit.

@dilpickle yeah I read it on reddit as well that C9 users were experiencing screen flickering with 3080 running games at 4K120hz on HDMI 2.1, looks like it might require driver update by Nvidia to fully test 3080s

It's more likely an LG problem. They've gotten the message now so hopefully we'll see a firmware update.

Pretty embarrassing that this would happen since both LG and Nvidia are doing cross promotions with each other products. You'd think they would have tested this already. They used an LG OLED in the nvidia announcement for pete's sake. 🙄