Configuring a pre-build for 3090

I am pretty new to PC space and configuring an all out build with 3090.

I have my reason to choose a pre-build over building a PC myself(Main one being a unit warranty, I don't permanently live in the US, and being able to handle all warranties trough a single source is much easier for me)

Seeing the LTT videos on pre-builds, I have decided to go with IBuyPower, and have configured 3 options of the same PC, and wanted to know if its better to change something or not.

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-3rd-Gen-Configurator/W/1135146

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-9-Configurator/W/1135147

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-X299-Core-i9-Configurator/W/1135144

Since I am pretty new to this, I wanted to find out if Intel has any redeeming qualities except the reliability right now?

Also how much worse is Threadripper for gaming compared to Ryzen 9?

P.S. I know about the upcoming AMD launch, but cannot wait for it. I have been a Mac/Console user my whole life, so Custom PC is a new topic for me. That is why after my own research online, I wanted to know what is the best call here from people, who spend more time with this stuff.

What is your budget and use case?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Trying to stay under the current Threadripper build that I have provided(I know that it is with a 3080, I am using it as a reference mostly, so this is a target price w 3080)

9 minutes ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

Trying to stay under the current Threadripper build that I have provided(I know that it is with a 3080, I am using it as a reference mostly, so this is a target price w 3080)

So you need a pc right this instant for work or addictive need :)??

Gamer by night, coder/video editor by day(Most likely will also run hackintosh on it)

58 minutes ago, BlazerBuddy said:

So you need a pc right this instant for work or addictive need :)??

Gamer by night, coder/video editor by day(Most likely will also run hackintosh on it)

1 hour ago, zeusthemoose said:

What is your budget and use case?

20 minutes ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

Ahh I see just wanted to make sure you weren’t addicted to it because waiting for zen 3 could really help. 

44 minutes ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

(Most likely will also run hackintosh on it)

In that case, can you wait for rdna2? I’m not completely sure if hackintosh is the same as regular macOS compatibility wise, but macOS uses amd cards and not nvidia ones. Also, as electronics wizard said, go intel as that is what macOS supports/uses.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

40 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

In that case, can you wait for rdna2? I’m not completely sure if hackintosh is the same as regular macOS compatibility wise, but macOS uses amd cards and not nvidia ones. Also, as electronics wizard said, go intel as that is what macOS supports/uses.

Its done trough VM, you can even make it run on Radeon + Ryzen w. no performance penalties

11 hours ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

I am pretty new to PC space and configuring an all out build with 3090.

I have my reason to choose a pre-build over building a PC myself(Main one being a unit warranty, I don't permanently live in the US, and being able to handle all warranties trough a single source is much easier for me)

Seeing the LTT videos on pre-builds, I have decided to go with IBuyPower, and have configured 3 options of the same PC, and wanted to know if its better to change something or not.

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-3rd-Gen-Configurator/W/1135146

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-9-Configurator/W/1135147

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-X299-Core-i9-Configurator/W/1135144

Since I am pretty new to this, I wanted to find out if Intel has any redeeming qualities except the reliability right now?

Also how much worse is Threadripper for gaming compared to Ryzen 9?

P.S. I know about the upcoming AMD launch, but cannot wait for it. I have been a Mac/Console user my whole life, so Custom PC is a new topic for me. That is why after my own research online, I wanted to know what is the best call here from people, who spend more time with this stuff.

3090 would be a bit pointless. Why not just get a Mac and bootcamp it? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

9 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

3090 would be a bit pointless. Why not just get a Mac and bootcamp it? 

I am making a Windows machine for gaming/work that is fully maxed and its the main priority, running MacOS on it is a secondary thing, if I need to quickly build a heavy Xcode Project for example fast(It benefits from more ram and more CPU juice). I am daily driving a mid 2019 mac and not planning to upgrade it until the move to ARM is done.

1 hour ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

I am making a Windows machine for gaming/work that is fully maxed and its the main priority, running MacOS on it is a secondary thing, if I need to quickly build a heavy Xcode Project for example fast(It benefits from more ram and more CPU juice). I am daily driving a mid 2019 mac and not planning to upgrade it until the move to ARM is done.

Video editing would be better on the CPU side though and the 3090 will have MASSIVE diminishing returns over the 3080. Plus it's more a CAD card vs video rendering/gaming just the the amount of RAM on it.

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

Video editing would be better on the CPU side though and the 3090 will have MASSIVE diminishing returns over the 3080. Plus it's more a CAD card vs video rendering/gaming just the the amount of RAM on it.

I am set on 3090 for many reasons)))) Mostly was curious in terms of CPU and overall choice of Motherboard and Ram, but I'm 100% set on 3090

6 hours ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

I am set on 3090 for many reasons)))) Mostly was curious in terms of CPU and overall choice of Motherboard and Ram, but I'm 100% set on 3090

It's a waste of money, what programs are you using?