I'm a f***ing idiot. Please help me

Go to solution Solved by aisle9,
51 minutes ago, Lil_Uzi_Per-Vert2 said:

Looks pretty straight to me. If you clean up that thermal paste all over the edges and reinsert it, it might work. I've brought a couple of Socket 939 CPUs back from the brink of a pin-bent death with a credit card, a chopstick and a lot of patience, so you might have fixed it.

51 minutes ago, Lil_Uzi_Per-Vert2 said:

Looks pretty straight to me. If you clean up that thermal paste all over the edges and reinsert it, it might work. I've brought a couple of Socket 939 CPUs back from the brink of a pin-bent death with a credit card, a chopstick and a lot of patience, so you might have fixed it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

• 2 weeks later...

Rx 570 8gb oc

My 2nd ryzen 3 3100 because I broke the last one I ordered (I think)

Asus prime a520-m

Ballistix 2400hz ram

Power works all fans spinning but im pretty sure it doesn't post. It did the same with the last cpu I bent all the pins straight but this one is brand new went in perfectly and yeah please help me 😫🙏

I already posted on this, over 100 views and no responses, my system doesn't post and I have no clue why please help me. Ask what my specs are ect I just really need help.

Post your specs

Define "not posting", are you not getting video signal? Where is your monitor plugged into? The board or GPU?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Post your specs

Define "not posting", are you not getting video signal? Where is your monitor plugged into? The board or GPU?

The board.

2 minutes ago, Lil_Uzi_Per-Vert2 said:

The board.

You have a dedicated RX 570, A520 motherboard, and Ryzen 3100 CPU and some 2400MHz RAM. (I searched through your posts)

You need to plug your monitor into the RX570 and realize there is no speaker on the Asus board so unless you attach a speaker dongle you won't hear post codes.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

You have a dedicated RX 570, A520 motherboard, and Ryzen 3100 CPU and some 2400MHz RAM. (I searched through your posts)

You need to plug your monitor into the RX570 and realize there is no speaker on the Asus board so unless you attach a speaker dongle you won't hear post codes.

Lmao im such a r tard before you said that I plugged in the gpu and it works. I'm so happy thanks for bringing that up my guy your a real one.

Just now, Lil_Uzi_Per-Vert2 said:

Lmao im such a r tard before you said that I plugged in the gpu and it works. I'm so happy thanks for bringing that up my guy your a real one.

Nah, happens to everyone, just make sure you post your specs next time, the more info the better :)

If you had a 3200G or 3400G then plugging into the motherboard would work but any AMD CPU without a "G" at the end doesn't have onboard graphics so it won't work if you plug into the motherboard (usually).

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Nah, happens to everyone, just make sure you post your specs next time, the more info the better :)

If you had a 3200G or 3400G then plugging into the motherboard would work but any AMD CPU without a "G" at the end doesn't have onboard graphics so it won't work if you plug into the motherboard (usually).

Um it can't detect any bookable devices now 😬🙁 doesnt seem to detect my osdrive

Um it can't detect any bookable devices now 😬🙁 doesnt seem to detect my osdrive

If it's Windows 10 you might need to check in BIOS and see if it's set to boot into Legacy or UEFI mode. If it's set to boot into UEFI mode try to change the boot order so your SSD or whatever comes first.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Also, make sure your drive is plugged in properly, if it's a 2.5" or 3.5" drive make sure sata power and data are properly plugged in and didn't get pulled during troubleshooting or something.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

If it's Windows 10 you might need to check in BIOS and see if it's set to boot into Legacy or UEFI mode. If it's set to boot into UEFI mode try to change the boot order so your SSD or whatever comes first.

I have 3 hard drives, dont know how to change to legacy on this.

Also, make sure your drive is plugged in properly, if it's a 2.5" or 3.5" drive make sure sata power and data are properly plugged in and didn't get pulled during troubleshooting or something.

They are properly plugged in.

They are properly plugged in.

Once you're in BIOS there should be an option to select a boot drive to boot one time. Select your HDD with the OS on it and hit enter and see if Windows boots at least that way.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Can it being set to ahci mean something?

Nah, that should stay set.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Once you're in BIOS there should be an option to select a boot drive to boot one time. Select your HDD with the OS on it and hit enter and see if Windows boots at least that way.

It doesnt detect my hdd.

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I tried using a brand new sata port and it still didn't detect it.

1 minute ago, Lil_Uzi_Per-Vert2 said:

I tried using a brand new sata port and it still didn't detect it.

At this point it's going to be hard to guess at what might be the problem so let's get a few questions out of the way:

1) did the drive work before?

2) did you install an OS on the drive?

3) does the drive show up in another PC

4) can you post pictures of the drives and whatnot?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

At this point it's going to be hard to guess at what might be the problem so let's get a few questions out of the way:

The drive worked, it had windows 10, it worked with my vostro 260 that used 4 gb of 1333 ram before I upgraded to 8gb of 1666, and a i3-2120 before I upgraded it to a i5-2400, and yes my had has only one rail

16016708536516846584145474152469.jpg

16016710083857676053135572408860.jpg

Does it show up in the BIOS at all? I want to make sure you're not just trying to boot to it and getting a "No Operating System" screen.

Unplug your other 2 drives for now, leave just that one plugged in.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

4 minutes ago, Votivee said:

Does it show up in the BIOS at all? I want to make sure you're not just trying to boot to it and getting a "No Operating System" screen.

Unplug your other 2 drives for now, leave just that one plugged in.

Okay this is big. It does detect it. But when I try and leave bios it doesn't do anything it just goes back to it.

16016716487143235413240547419112.jpg

16 minutes ago, Lurick said:

It does detect the drive it just idk doesn't boot

-= Topic Merged =-

Please do not report the topic multiple times, this is considered spamming.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER