Looking for Headphones for both gaming and outdoor use

kingocd

Hello, I am looking for a new headphones now that my Razer Krakens are literally falling apart on my head. I am searching for a good pair that is preferably wireless and can be used for gaming/web surfing comfortably for 5+ hours a day.

I have a few in mind, here is a list with prices:

Bose qc35ii with an external mic : $320

Sony wh1000xm3 with an external mic : $250

Beats studio3 wireless with an external mic: $120 (Is currently absurdly cheap here)

Logitech g pro X wireless: $220

Razer Nari Ultimate : $220 (interested in the gimmick)

Audio Technica ATH ADG1X : $250 

I loved the sound of my Krakens a lot more than my in ears (sennheiser street ii and cx300) but I havent tried anything other than Ath adg1x, which I loved the sound of, but I dont think I can use them outside. I live alone tho, so in house use is not a problem.

Beats is also very very cheap, and I can buy an additional headset for gaming with it, if that is something you would recommend.

The less I spend the better, but I am willing to spend 300+ if it benefits me more.

Wanting something for gaming and outside use is like saying you need a car for off-roading and racing at the same time. Most of the ones you suggested are either really good at one of the categories or not really at any. I would take the Sony WH1000XM3, because they're good at noise canceling and the sound quality is also really good. You might have some latency issues with them when gaming, since there's a lot of post processing going on due to additional audio processing associated with noise canceling.

I would just get some small in-ears for outside (maybe the Sony WF1000XM3) and wired gaming headset for inside.

gaming with typical wireless headphones is generally a bad Idea. Latency and technechalities are not up to par as things like soundstage and imaging typically go out the window. Its best you try to get the best of both world by buying 2 headphones one bluetooth and one for gaming use. whether it be wireless or wired.  

12 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Wanting something for gaming and outside use is like saying you need a car for off-roading and racing at the same time. Most of the ones you suggested are either really good at one of the categories or not really at any. I would take the Sony WH1000XM3, because they're good at noise canceling and the sound quality is also really good. You might have some latency issues with them when gaming, since there's a lot of post processing going on due to additional audio processing associated with noise canceling.

I would just get some small in-ears for outside (maybe the Sony WF1000XM3) and wired gaming headset for inside.

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

gaming with typical wireless headphones is generally a bad Idea. Latency and technechalities are not up to par as things like soundstage and imaging typically go out the window. Its best you try to get the best of both world by buying 2 headphones one bluetooth and one for gaming use. whether it be wireless or wired.  

I would be using them with a cable for gaming, to eliminate latency.

How is beats for $120? Linus said it was very bad in his video, but he reviewed it when it was $350. I can buy it for 1/3rd of that. Also leaves me with enough room for a decent gaming headset.

4 minutes ago, kingocd said:

How is beats for $120? Linus said it was very bad in his video, but he reviewed it when it was $350. I can buy it for 1/3rd of that. Also leaves me with enough room for a decent gaming headset.

I haven't had any experience with them, but I can tell you that Linus likes a very flat sound profile. If they're very base heavy or don't sound clear at all frequencies, there's a good chance he would bash on them.

1 minute ago, kingocd said:

Its still pretty bad. the only decent beats IMO are the solo line and even then I can think of cheaper headphones I would much prefer to listen to. also wired bluetooth headphones sound significantly more awful when wired there are a few exceptions like the audeze mobius , drop Panda according to folks who have tried them, and the hifiman Deva.