What happened to the Ryzen 9 4900HS Zephyrus g14

It's all in the title, a few weeks back the 4900HS based laptop was THE big news

It was everywhere on YouTube. Linus did a great review of it. And now I am in need of a new laptop to replace my Lenovo Legion as my virtualization and work laptop (Yes I use a gaming laptop for work. It is cheaper and has better performance than the same cpu in a professional branded laptop) as all the demos I make use too many virtual machines.

It is NOWHERE!

No retailer has it.

IT IS NOT EVEN ON THE ASUS SITE. I checked the US and European sites.

The only laptops I find run the 4800 not the 4900

Any idea what happened? I must have missed something somewhere.

It was hard to get from day 1.

Shortages of the higher end 4000 SKUs are pretty prevalent.

2 hours ago, AzzaNezz said:

Thanks for the links.

I did not get those. I am sad that I can't get it in France with a French azerty keyboard. The only seller sells it for over 2800 euros nearly 3k dollars. I am going to wait and watch.

11 hours ago, AzzaNezz said:

just buy it and get used to it.1k difference in money and like 10 mins to learn where is what

I wish it was as simple as that 😏 English is such a simple language (no offense intended) compared to French. A qwerty keyboard does not have all the accentuated letters we use in most sentences. I even went as far as looking at key stickers. I bought a keyboard once on wish for a test. Terrible idea. 😂

12 hours ago, AzzaNezz said:

just buy it and get used to it.1k difference in money and like 10 mins to learn where is what

If you think it's easy to relearn how to type on a keyboard with a different key layout, especially after spending your entire life up to that point learning the other standard key layout, you're wrong.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

1 hour ago, Imglidinhere said:

If you think it's easy to relearn how to type on a keyboard with a different key layout, especially after spending your entire life up to that point learning the other standard key layout, you're wrong.

mate I am croatian.For 12 years i used keyboard with Croatian layout,then i moved to Austria and difference is drastical in keyboard layout.

I printed photo of normal german keyboard took it next to me,opened Word and typed for 10 mins until i got it.

Speaking of the zephyrus, why are there no other laptops with this CPU? You'd think OEMs would be falling over each other trying to get this CPU in their systems, but there's absolutely nothing. A few months later and the g14 is still the only laptop that contains this cpu that I can find.

1 hour ago, MrZoraman said:

Speaking of the zephyrus, why are there no other laptops with this CPU? You'd think OEMs would be falling over each other trying to get this CPU in their systems, but there's absolutely nothing. A few months later and the g14 is still the only laptop that contains this cpu that I can find.

They had an exclusive agreement with Asus for six months, I believe.

11 hours ago, MrZoraman said:

AMD wanted to make sure their processors were given a fair shot this round, because despite the Mobile Ryzen 3000 series being reasonably fair performing product, the real death blow was that they were all in horrible chassis. Bad keyboards, bad displays, horrid cooling, cheap construction, you name it.

So this time they gave exclusivity deals to ASUS to show off their baby. I feel like it was a sound and rational decision given all that they had to deal with previously.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260