Seeing uncompressed ram in task manager

How can i see the actual ram usage on task manager? it compresses it into mega bytes, this shit made me very confused on how much ram is being used by each of my programs. 

-Main PC-

CPU Ryzen 3 3100 | | Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | | GPU PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 | |RAM 16GB Patriot Viper Steel 3000MHz | | PSU Corsair CX550 80+ Bronze | | SSD Kingston A400 240GB | | HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM  | |Case Phanteks P300

-Laptop-

HP Elite 820 G4

Intel I5-7200U

Intel HD 620

8GB DDR4

500GB SSD

The RAM usage in task manager is the actual RAM usage.

The Processes tab uses megabytes as a unit, while the Performance tab shows it in gigabytes.

Regardless of the unit it uses, the amount is the same. One gigabyte is 1024 megabytes.

1 minute ago, OrionFOTL said:

The RAM usage in task manager is the actual RAM usage.

The Processes tab uses megabytes as a unit, while the Performance tab shows it in gigabytes.

Regardless of the unit it uses, the amount is the same. One gigabyte is 1024 megabytes.

image.png.a353956f91a3c3d7e9f1ae640f602901.png

Im not the smartest math guy out there but this ram usage doesnt seems like more then 8 gb even if you add in the rest in the background which is just a bunch of one mb, the maximum programs using that 1mb is around 200

-Main PC-

CPU Ryzen 3 3100 | | Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | | GPU PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 | |RAM 16GB Patriot Viper Steel 3000MHz | | PSU Corsair CX550 80+ Bronze | | SSD Kingston A400 240GB | | HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM  | |Case Phanteks P300

-Laptop-

HP Elite 820 G4

Intel I5-7200U

Intel HD 620

8GB DDR4

500GB SSD

19 minutes ago, SomeonesDad said:

Im not the smartest math guy out there but this ram usage doesnt seems like more then 8 gb even if you add in the rest in the background which is just a bunch of one mb, the maximum programs using that 1mb is around 200

I see what you mean. Physical memory doesn't only contain memory assigned to processes. It also contains memory assigned to the kernel, hardware drivers, nonpaged pools and more. The Performance tab shows memory usage of the entire system, while the Processes tab shos only memory used by processes.

9 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

I see what you mean. Physical memory doesn't only contain memory assigned to processes. It also contains memory assigned to the kernel, hardware drivers, nonpaged pools and more. The Performance tab shows memory usage of the entire system, while the Processes tab shos only memory used by processes.

ah i see, thanks for the information, i appreciate it

-Main PC-

-Laptop-

HP Elite 820 G4

Intel I5-7200U

Intel HD 620

8GB DDR4

500GB SSD