Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
M.R_KING

ohms and heaphones on motherboard

Posted · Original PosterOP

guys i want to ask a question

can a motherboard run a headphone that it has a 80 ohms or i need an external amplifier/dac to let it work؟؟؟؟

and if i buy a cheap sound card..is it will sound better than the onboard sound card؟؟؟؟

and what is diference between using a high end headphones with 150 ohms on a sound card and using it on an amp/dac؟؟؟

and when i need to buy an sound card and when i need to buy an amplifier؟؟؟

impedance does not mean much tbh. 150 ohm sennhesier can be as easy to frive as an 80 ohm beyerdynamic. it's all about sensitivity. uf you intendt to power a 80 ohm beyerdynamic with your motherboard depending on how much power your motherboard outputs it should work 

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

what mobo do you have?

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/ Dekoni Elite Velour Pads

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

3 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

what mobo do you have?

i think of buying b450 gaming plus max

DT770/880 250ohm on my motherboard: crap

Amiron Home 250ohm: gud

And Amiron Home on my Huawei Mate 20X, shit can get too loud

It will depend on which headphones you'll get or planning on to get. Don't rely only on the motherboard because a dac/amp can improve the sound quality far greater. The current most popular are the Fiio K5 Pro and iFi Zen DAC. I have the Fiio and it's damn good.

27 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

DT770/880 250ohm on my motherboard: crap

Amiron Home 250ohm: gud

And Amiron Home on my Huawei Mate 20X, shit can get too loud

It will depend on which headphones you'll get or planning on to get. Don't rely only on the motherboard because a dac/amp can improve the sound quality far greater. The current most popular are the Fiio K5 Pro and iFi Zen DAC. I have the Fiio and it's damn good.

so any cheap amp/dac will improve the sound better than any motherboard apm/dac؟؟؟؟

10 minutes ago, M.R_KING said:

so any cheap amp/dac will improve the sound better than any motherboard apm/dac؟؟؟؟

Do you have any budget for a dac/amp?

2 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Do you have any budget for a dac/amp?

i will not buy anything

I only ask in general to learn on amps / dacs

20 minutes ago, M.R_KING said:

Not always it depends on the dac /amp for example in the case of the fiio e10k I would say stick to your mobo but if you wen abut pricier with a fiio k3,BTR 5 or cheaper with a fx audio Dac x6 then we have to consider the headphones... Most motherboards these days tend to have pretty clean outputs .

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

9 minutes ago, M.R_KING said:

i will not buy anything

I only ask in general to learn on amps / dacs

I can give some examples. When I used my motherboard audio, it was great for earbuds and (shitty) headphones. When I moved on to better headphone which was the Beyerdynamic DT880, I was adviced to get a dac/amp to power it and of course, the volume is too low so I had to buy the Fiio E10K as something to start with and the cheapest. But the audio between the E10K and my motherboard sounds pretty much the same except the power. High impedance headphones can now be loud enough. But when I upgraded to a much better Fiio P5 Pro, it makes my headphones much more lively, more vivid and everything sounds so good and clear and can hear details which I can't hear with the E10K and motherboard audio.

A good dac/amp is only if you have better headphones.