Don't have permissions to save in ProgramFiles\Python38

Hello, 
So the problem is a bit elaborate,
Firstly , I cannot save any files like .txt , .py, from any editor in anywhere in any C:\  locations except my user locations. (I can avoid this problem by running the particular editor as admin).

spacer.pngspacer.pngimage.thumb.png.d06c4205239939450f1a1ddf85a1a5e8.png

When I went to give Full control of C:\ drive to my user, it showed another error like this,

image.png.525c4c9dda56f1dbcb4ef569d552702d.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

By the way my local account is an administrator account, I am using a prebuilt windows 10 Home single language installed by OEM.
I was using my microsoft account as a user but now I am running a local user.

Onto the main problem then,
Although I can install Python3 in the program files, I cannot save anything there and no other apps like (Jupyter Notebook of  Python Extension in VS Code) can access it.
So I had to install it in my users AppData\Local\Programs and add the location to PATH.
Still after doing that , I am getting this error message on Jupyter Notebook,
image.thumb.png.b0234c5fe5baef1b31ae64ed30ea1cb5.png

I am hoping to get any help I can.
In my previous laptop of same windows version , it worked fine.
Windows version, 2004.

Thanks in advance.

Just set permissions to your program folder. Add "everyone", give full address and that's it.

3 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Just set permissions to your program folder. Add "everyone", give full address and that's it.

Can you please explain a little bit more?
I didn't understand.

11 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Thanks a lot.
I didn't have the ownership that's why I wasn't able to apply these permissions.
Now I have ownership to all except programfiles\windows defender.
Thanks a lot....
I haven't tried the VS code Jupyter, I'll reinstall both of them but I hope it will work.
I can save files in these previously forbidden locations though....

Good. I wrote "address" instead of "access" (damn phone) but good that you get it anyway. :)

That is not a valid solution. You have successfully just screwed up your system security. Congratulations!

Basic security of any OS. Including Linux distributions, MacOS/OSX, Android and iOS. Programs should not write where they are, and user files should not be mixed inside.

Now, you have open the doors wide open to allow malware to inject code in your programs executable or modify them. It will made you trust a software that has been compromised without you knowing. Depending how far you went in C:\ you also broke your OS security. UAC is now useless as you just opened a massive door, loosing that last line of defense.  Also, if you have multiple users, permissions set are now meaningless and all users can view your personal files in there. 

Restriction are set for a reason. Instead of asking what is the best practice for doing things, you asked how to by-pass things without understanding why things are done in such a way.

Now how will you fix all this? Do you happen to know the original permissions of each folders and sub folders? Bravo, is all I get to say. I am so disappointed.

5 hours ago, homeap5 said:

-snip-

And I am quite disappointed in you for giving bad advice like this. You've mentioned great advice in the past. What happened here?

9 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

And I am quite disappointed in you for giving bad advice like this. You've mentioned great advice in the past. What happened here?

Just fastest answer to solve problem. Security is another thing, but OP asks about writing permissions problem. I'm thinking more like set permissions for selected folder, not for whole Program Files directory.

About security - viruses do not try to interact with these protected folders anymore because they're protected. Virus creators know which folders they may use for attacks and in administrator account is not really difficult. And most of people works on admin accounts. So there is really no difference if virus will be activated from PF or users folder.

People focusing too much on computer security. I don't hire four bodyguards and my life is for sure more important than my computer. So why I should secure my computer more than myself? :)

Look back when XP was most popular system. It has no UAC and people still used it. Then Vista introduces UAC and everyone must use it, because without it was soo unsecure. Now everyone must use Defender and some much more complex system protection. And every version of Win10 number of security protections options increases. For what? Most of users here on this forum (not OP though) formats their drives every month and install everything again and again from zero, including system. I'm just stop giving advices about security, because it's pointless anyway. Let people use their computers as they wants.

10 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Just fastest answer to solve problem. Security is another thing, but OP asks about writing permissions problem. I'm thinking more like set permissions for selected folder, not for whole Program Files directory.

About security - viruses do not try to interact with these protected folders anymore because they're protected. Virus creators know which folders they may use for attacks and in administrator account is not really difficult. And most of people works on admin accounts. So there is really no difference if virus will be activated from PF or users folder.

People focusing too much on computer security. I don't hire four bodyguards and my life is for sure more important than my computer. So why I should secure my computer more than myself? :)

Look back when XP was most popular system. It has no UAC and people still used it. Then Vista introduces UAC and everyone must use it, because without it was soo unsecure. Now everyone must use Defender and some much more complex system protection. And every version of Win10 number of security protections options increases. For what? Most of users here on this forum (not OP though) formats their drives every month and install everything again and again from zero, including system. I'm just stop giving advices about security, because it's pointless anyway. Let people use their computers as they wants.

To all worrying about security, here is link guiding on how to reinstate Trustedinstaller as the owner of the C:\ drive.
I have given back that to all folders except Python38 ....
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-restore-trustedinstaller-owner-system-files-windows-10