Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kmonsen

My First Rig

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): 900-950

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Light video editing but mostly games like Skyrim and Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am fine running at 1080p. I just came form console so as long as it is above console frame rates it is fine. 

I made this parts list:

14 hours ago, The Sloth said:

15 hours ago, Kmonsen said:

Budget (including currency): 900-950

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Light video editing but mostly games like Skyrim and Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am fine running at 1080p. I just came form console so as long as it is above console frame rates it is fine. 

I made this parts list:

Why do you trust that psu with high end cards

A little cheaper, faster ram, and the 2060 super is almost identical to 2070 in term of performance

15 hours ago, The Sloth said:

you can even play with RTX on

This is the first time I've heard someone say 'RTX On' unironically. The greatest benefit of an Nvidia card right now is NVENC encoder. Ray Tracing is terribly optimized on everything and DLSS 2.0 is only supported on a small handful of games.

ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

40 minutes ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

A little cheaper, faster ram, and the 2060 super is almost identical to 2070 in term of performance

I'd go with this but absolutely DON'T get the Q300L, it's an awful case with veeeeery little airflow. I'd go ATX and get a mid range ATX case like a phanteks P300 mesh

My PCs:

VALENTINIAN : CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X || CPU COOLER : Corsair H115i Pro || MOBO : MSi B450 Tomahawk Max || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x2 || PSU: EVGA G2 850W w/ Cablemod Black & White Cables || CASE: NZXT H510 White || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A, HP 27yh || KEYBOARD: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown, White Keycaps) || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: HyperX Cloud Alpha, Logitech C920 || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 2x Corsair ML120 ||

DIOCLETIAN III (HTPC) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 || CPU COOLER : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition || MOBO : MSi X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V (3200) || SSDs: Crucial P1 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || PSU: Seasonic 650W w/ Black & Red Extensions || CASE: Phanteks P300 || Monitor: Samsung Q60 65" QLED || KEYBOARD: Logitech G613 || Mouse: Logitech G305 || CONTROLLER: Xbox One Controller x2 || AUDIO: Samsung Q60R Soundbar || Case Fans : 2x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120, Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 ||

JUSTINIAN - Dell XPS 15": CPU: Core i7-9750H || GPU: GTX 1650 || RAM: 2*8GB 2666MhZ DDR4 SODIMM || SSD: 1TB M.2 PCIe || CASE: 15.6" Laptop with dBrand skin || MONITOR: 15" 1920 * 1080 IPS || KEYBOARD: Dell Keyboard || MOUSE: Logitech G305 White || AUDIO: HyperX Cloud II ||

OTHER : Dell Latitude (i7-6600U, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD) || HP All-in-One (Unspecified Haswell i7, 8GB DDR3, Crucial MX500 500GB ||

MOBILE : Galaxy S9 (64GB + 64GB uSD) || Galaxy S7 (32GB) || FitBit Blaze || iPad 7th Generation ||

CONSOLE : Nintendo Switch (Pro Controller x3, Joy-Con Grip x1, PowerA Enhanced Controller x1) ||

POLITICAL ALIGNMENT: Social Democratic || Centre-Left ||

6 hours ago, Aereldor said:

This is the first time I've heard someone say 'RTX On' unironically. The greatest benefit of an Nvidia card right now is NVENC encoder. Ray Tracing is terribly optimized on everything and DLSS 2.0 is only supported on a small handful of games.

if you keep your expections in check, RTX is pretty good, keep in mind it's first gen tech so, you have to really tone down the performance expection. Overall i am really impressed with how transformative RTX is in games like minecraft, quake and Metro Exodus( especelly). 

6 hours ago, Aereldor said:

DLSS 2.0 is only supported on a small handful of games

When it is supported, it brings a lot of improvements without taking too much of a hit in picture quality. 

3 hours ago, The Sloth said:

if you keep your expections in check, RTX is pretty good, keep in mind it's first gen tech so, you have to really tone down the performance expection. Overall i am really impressed with how transformative RTX is in games like minecraft, quake and Metro Exodus( especelly). 

And has the added benefit of performing terribly and not being worth the tradeoff in most titles. With next-gen NVidia GPUs right around the corner that pretty much promise to make RTX viable - it's one of their primary goals - and the 5700xt being faster and cheaper currently, I just can't understand the recommendation of a 2070 non-super right now.

3 hours ago, The Sloth said:

When it is supported, it brings a lot of improvements without taking too much of a hit in picture quality.

When it is supported. It's only well-supported and implemented on five games currently. Control, Battlefield V, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Death Stranding, and Metro Exodus. Sure it'll be in Cyberpunk, but that game comes out around thanksgiving, a bunch of RTX 3000 cards will be out by then. And much as I love CDPR, after that Hairworks disaster in The Witcher 3, I just don't trust them with proprietary NVidia tech performing well.

I don't know about games that added it after the fact. Minecraft RTX is still in Beta, and Wolfenstein Youngblood and Anthem are shitty games anyway.

So yeah, idgaf about DLSS 2.0 until a whole bunch of games support it, and idgaf about Ray Tracing till it doesn't quarter your performance for some pretty lights.

ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA