Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sheanfabs

New pc do i need to reformat?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Sooo i just sold my old pc parts its intel im going to switch to amd so motherboard ram and processor will be changed to newer ones so do i need to wipe my hdd ? or i can make my file stay the way it was before without causing error or something bad ? 

Best practice would be to reinstall Windows fresh.

Gaming PC:                                        Streaming PC:

-Ryzen 5 3600x                CPU              -Ryzen 7 2700x  

-2x8GB @ 3200               RAM              -2x8GB @ 3600 

-EVGA 2070 Super             GPU               -GTX 1060 6gb    

-Asus B450M-A MATX        MOBO            -GB B450I MITX                                                     

-CM NR400                   CASE          -Thermaltake Core V1            

Monitor: Viewsonic VX2758-2KP-MHD

Good, Cheep and Easy Cable Management is my fetish.

8 minutes ago, Sheanfabs said:

Sooo i just sold my old pc parts its intel im going to switch to amd so motherboard ram and processor will be changed to newer ones so do i need to wipe my hdd ? or i can make my file stay the way it was before without causing error or something bad ? 

If it is indeed a HDD then the BEST thing to do would be to get an SSD and install Windows on that, then recover everything you need from the HDD at your leisure.  Then format the HDD once you're done and use it for games that don't benefit from an SSD so much.

Router: i5-7200U appliance running pfSense WiFi: Ubiquiti nanoHD (~700Mbit peak throughput)
ISP: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 (66Mbit) + Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra. (56Mbit)