Need SFX PSU extensions, will these work?

TrickEgo

these work off your existing cables

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

4 minutes ago, TrickEgo said:

Hello,

I need extension for my SFX plugs as they dont reach my motherboard correctly. Will these fit even though they say ATX. I have a Corsair SF Series, SF600, 600 Watt, SFX, 80+ Platinum Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086SZS2NC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A17R4EUKT3QOY9&psc=1

Ouch!

18g over 300mm.  Not good.   Added connector is also an added point of failure and resistance.

How long do your cables need to be?  Which cables need to be longer?  Why not just buy a proper modular cable that's longer than the stock cable instead of extending what's there?

All 4 cables need to be about 2 inches longer. I moved my system in to a fractal meshify c mini. I see people with custom cables all the time is it bad. do you have any recommendations on where i can get extensions?

10 minutes ago, sub68 said:

these work off your existing cables

Hello,

They should be fine and safe then? I need another 2 inches at max to make everything look nice and proper.

47 minutes ago, TrickEgo said:

All 4 cables need to be about 2 inches longer. I moved my system in to a fractal meshify c mini. I see people with custom cables all the time is it bad. do you have any recommendations on where i can get extensions?

All four cables?

The SF600 comes with six cables.

And there's a difference between "custom cables" and "extensions".

Custom cables replace the existing cables.  Extensions extend them.

What four cables do you need?  24-pin?  EPS12V?  Two PCIe?

How long do they need to be (total)?

45 minutes ago, TrickEgo said:

Hello,

They should be fine and safe then? I need another 2 inches at max to make everything look nice and proper.

No.  He's just stating the obvious (extensions extend cables).  If you only need two inches, surely you don't need 300mm long cables.  That's almost a foot long!

4 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

All four cables?

The SF600 comes with six cables.

And there's a difference between "custom cables" and "extensions".

Custom cables replace the existing cables.  Extensions extend them.

What four cables do you need?  24-pin?  EPS12V?  Two PCIe?

I think I need maybe 2 to 4 inches on the CPU ,GPU and 24 pin. 

IMG_20200806_144337.jpg

IMG_20200806_144315.jpg

ok in looking at this again maybe i need another 6 inches.

5 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

5 hours ago, TrickEgo said:

I think I need maybe 2 to 4 inches on the CPU ,GPU and 24 pin.

5 hours ago, TrickEgo said:

ok in looking at this again maybe i need another 6 inches.

Total.  Length.

How much length TOTAL do you need for each of those cables?

Those cables look pretty long.  Are they the cables that came with the PSU?

47 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Total.  Length.

How much length TOTAL do you need for each of those cables?

Those cables look pretty long.  Are they the cables that came with the PSU?

yes they came with the psu. I ended up just buying them, its 30 bucks i will figure it out. Thanks for the help!

1 minute ago, TrickEgo said:

its 30 bucks i will figure it out. Thanks for the help!

They're 30 bucks because they're crap.  You'll figure it out when your PC crashes.

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

They're 30 bucks because they're crap.  You'll figure it out when your PC crashes.

Whoa there buddy. I dont know if you had a bad day or not but I didnt come on this forum specifically to get bad mouth by you. I would have just went on Reddit if I wanted that kind of treatment. I dont claim to be very knowledgeable in this PC world like you so thats why I came to ask questions. I simply asked if these would work because my cables were too short, it was a yes or no answer and you could have just linked me to a site for some better ones or a completely new set of custom cables and that would be the end of the subject. 

19 minutes ago, TrickEgo said:

Whoa there buddy. I dont know if you had a bad day or not but I didnt come on this forum specifically to get bad mouth by you. I would have just went on Reddit if I wanted that kind of treatment.

This is true.  That's Reddit in a nutshell.

19 minutes ago, TrickEgo said:

I dont claim to be very knowledgeable in this PC world like you so thats why I came to ask questions. I simply asked if these would work because my cables were too short, it was a yes or no answer and you could have just linked me to a site for some better ones or a completely new set of custom cables and that would be the end of the subject. 

Right.  And I already told you that adding 300mm of 18g wire to a cable is a bad idea.  That was expressed in my first reply.

So now it's like you're going to just go ahead and buy them no matter what and "figure it out" despite being told it's a bad idea.

I keep asking you what TOTAL LENGTH you need so I can help you find PROPER CABLES to replace your stock cables instead of a bunch of crappy extensions, but you would not help me help you by giving any kind of useful information.

I can't just "provide you with a link" if I don't even know how long you need the cables to be!

Dude, I sent you the photos and I was like may bad I need like another 6 inches not 2. If you give me some of the site that you recommend for replacement cables I can look at the measurement, you dont have to waste your time looking up everything for me. Just point me in the right direction.  

Looks like my CPU cable is 12 inches and ya i need another 6 inches for everything to look proper.

ATX Cable 24 pin is, 300mm so about 12 inches need another 6 inches (150mm)

Eps/ATX12V Connector 8 pin is 400mm so about another 6 inches (150mm)

Pcle connectors 8 pin (6 plus 2) 400mm so about another 6 inches (150mm) as well

Sata connector is fine and i dont know or use the Peripheral connectors. 

10 minutes ago, TrickEgo said:

ATX Cable 24 pin is, 300mm so about 12 inches need another 6 inches (150mm)

Eps/ATX12V Connector 8 pin is 400mm so about another 6 inches (150mm)

Pcle connectors 8 pin (6 plus 2) 400mm so about another 6 inches (150mm) as well

Sata connector is fine and i dont know or use the Peripheral connectors. 

So ATX cable needs to be 450mm.

EPS12V cable needs to be 550mm.

PCIe cable needs to be 550mm.

Is that two PCIe cables that are one to one or one PCIe cable with two PCIe connectors on it?

Umm the PCle is 8 pins in total, but they split one section has 6 pins and the other has 2 pins. I use all 8 to stick them into my 2070 super.

Do you need a picture?

Yes and correct on the rest.

33 minutes ago, TrickEgo said:

Umm the PCle is 8 pins in total, but they split one section has 6 pins and the other has 2 pins. I use all 8 to stick them into my 2070 super.

Do you need a picture?

This is the first time you've said what graphics card you're using.

Most 2070 Super cards have TWO power connections.  One 6-pin and one 8-pin.  You're telling me that your version of the 2070 Super only has one connector and it's an 8-pin?  

Cablemod.com can make custom cables for you at the exact lengths you need.

Corsair has cables that come in 610mm for the 24-pin, 750mm for the EPS12V and 650mm for the 6+2-pin PCIe for about $70.  https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Premium-Individually-Sleeved-PSU-Cables-Starter-Kit-Type-4-Gen-4/p/CP-8920221

You don't have to buy them from Corsair.  Just Google the "CP" part number.  They should turn up on Amazon, Best Buy, etc.

No you are right sorry about that, I do have 2 power connectors for my 2070 super. Thanks for looking up the cables for much much appreciated. These should work just fine.

How thick (gauge / AWG) are the wires of CableMod extensions then? Can't find anything on their site.

7 hours ago, vsral said:

How thick (gauge / AWG) are the wires of CableMod extensions then? Can't find anything on their site.

no clue

You page @CableMod:  What gauge wire are you using on your extensions?