What monitor power supply to get

Pc6777
Go to solution Solved by Nayr438,
5 hours ago, Pc6777 said:

Do they still make this model? I would want a new one so it lasts longer/caps might wear from sitting on shelf.

No. You would need to get a Generic One or a Used One.

Really all you need is 19v with a minimum 2.1A, at least according to the power adapter.

You would also need to figure out the barrel plug size and make sure the new one is Negative exterior and Positive Interior. -(+)

Ok, I need the exact same voltage but it's ok if amps are higher but Amps can't be lower? And is it ok if it's like 1 volt off or could that still damage it in your experience?

Yes the Amps can be higher than what it needs, as the device will only draw what it needs.

As far as Voltage, it just depends on the device and its tolerances, it would be a safer bet to match what it originally had.

That would probably be fine, however with cheap power adapters like this, I would trust one with a Analog Voltage switch over a Digital Voltage Switch, if you can find one.

I couldn't give any recommendations however, I usually just purchase a 3rd party Generic Power Cord then double check it with a digital multimeter.

You could search around with the Power Adapters Model Number, or with the Monitors Model Number.

If I wanted to get a new power supply for my monitor that I have had a while that I got refurbished what PSU would I need? They probably don't make this exact one anymore so I would need an aftermarket one. And power supplys are the first thing to go on monitors right? It seems logical. 

IMG_20200803_081710.jpg

IMG_20200803_081732.jpg

IMG_20200803_081728.jpg

IMG_20200803_081724.jpg

IMG_20200803_081648.jpg

looks like a standard 19v 2.1A laptop power supply to me (and a pretty common barrel plug too)

u could look for ones with similar tip and voltage

higher current is fine, as long as the voltage is 19v

i have a few laying around in my dead laptop piles

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

57 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

looks like a standard 19v 2.1A laptop power supply to me (and a pretty common barrel plug too)

u could look for ones with similar tip and voltage

higher current is fine, as long as the voltage is 19v

i have a few laying around in my dead laptop piles

I found an adjustable one but it can't supply enough volts, if I found an adjustable one that supplies enough power would that be fine? I would want an adjustable voltage one for more versatility https://www.amazon.com/Powseed-Universal-Adapter-Household-Electronics/dp/B01MT5WVCG/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=9+volt+2+amp+power+adapter+monitor&qid=1596461048&sr=8-6

14 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

Do they still make this model? I would want a new one so it lasts longer/caps might wear from sitting on shelf.

3 minutes ago, Pc6777 said:

I found an adjustable one but it can't supply enough volts, if I found an adjustable one that supplies enough power would that be fine? I would want an adjustable voltage one for more versatility https://www.amazon.com/Powseed-Universal-Adapter-Household-Electronics/dp/B01MT5WVCG/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=9+volt+2+amp+power+adapter+monitor&qid=1596461048&sr=8-6

you'll probably need 19v, i dont know the tolerances of the monitor's internal stuffs, but it's best to get the exact same voltage

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

you'll probably need 19v, i dont know the tolerances of the monitor's internal stuffs, but it's best to get the exact same voltage

Ok, I need the exact same voltage but it's ok if amps are higher but Amps can't be lower? And is it ok if it's like 1 volt off or could that still damage it in your experience?

No. You would need to get a Generic One or a Used One.

Really all you need is 19v with a minimum 2.1A, at least according to the power adapter.

You would also need to figure out the barrel plug size and make sure the new one is Negative exterior and Positive Interior. -(+)

Yes the Amps can be higher than what it needs, as the device will only draw what it needs.

As far as Voltage, it just depends on the device and its tolerances, it would be a safer bet to match what it originally had.

That would probably be fine, however with cheap power adapters like this, I would trust one with a Analog Voltage switch over a Digital Voltage Switch, if you can find one.

I couldn't give any recommendations however, I usually just purchase a 3rd party Generic Power Cord then double check it with a digital multimeter.

You could search around with the Power Adapters Model Number, or with the Monitors Model Number.