Does "overpower" GPUs make your CPU slower?

Hey guys, my PC is a total bottleneck, I've got an AMD A6-6400K and a GT1030 GDDR5, the bottleneck here is clearly my CPU cuz when I'm playing overwatch the game stutters like crazy and task manager shows my CPU at 100% while my GPU doesn't even hit the 40's. The game runs fine at around 45~50fps after all the assets and models are loaded into the match but that framerate gets destroyed if someone switch characters or a new effect is loaded into the scene, and I can't play competitive like that, that is obviously a CPU problem so I was wondering if having a GPU too powerful for your CPU to handle can somehow make the CPU run slower and take longer to load stuff. And if so, is it a good idea to sell my 1030 and stick with the integrated HD8470D graphics? I saw some people running overwatch on that iGPU noproblem with some tweaks of course, and it wasn't stuttering like crazy like my pc. Also memory is probably screwing things up, I have a single channel 4Gb stick, and it is one of those green ones, there's no branding on it or even on the chips, so yeah that's some great quality RAM right there.

10 minutes ago, fawko said:

I was wondering if having a GPU too powerful for your CPU to handle can somehow make the CPU run slower and take longer to load stuff.

no

from what you've described your machine specs are far below what the game needs and removing the slightly better gpu will just result in the machine having even less power than it currently does.

Have you tried turning all the visual settings down? that might lighten at least the textures the ram needs to load in

12 minutes ago, emosun said:

no

from what you've described your machine specs are far below what the game needs and removing the slightly better gpu will just result in the machine having even less power than it currently does.

Have you tried turning all the visual settings down? that might lighten at least the textures the ram needs to load in

All settings are set to the lowest and the resolution is set to 720p (the lowest the game supports). So I think there's no hope for me :/

You seem to actually be memory-bound in some context, at least if your CPU can give mediocre performance but just loses it when something new is loaded in. If you can grab, at least another 4GB stick, I'm sure it'd help a little bit.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, fawko said:

All settings are set to the lowest and the resolution is set to 720p (the lowest the game supports). So I think there's no hope for me

no you either have to adjust what software you run based on the machines specs or alter the machines specs to be able to run the software. Same problem everyone has ever had since pcs began. 

might not hurt to check the idle cpu usage as well to be sure your machine isnt doing something besides the game

Idle CPU usage is 0% and memory is 15/20% so yeah, the conclusion is that my PC is garbage.

11 hours ago, emosun said:

no you either have to adjust what software you run based on the machines specs or alter the machines specs to be able to run the software. Same problem everyone has ever had since pcs began. 

might not hurt to check the idle cpu usage as well to be sure your machine isnt doing something besides the game